GDT: Game #14|Tue., Nov. 5, 2013| Flyers at Hurricanes |7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
The Canes may be playing worse than anyone in the NHL right now. Gotta win this game.

MadFerIt95*

I would be really disappointed if Jay Rosehill is in the lineup over Tye McGinn. Jay ROsehill brings NOTHING to an NHL team. AT least Tye McGinn has some talent

MadFerIt95*

On a completely unrelated note, the Flyers DESPERATELY need a new goal song

MadFerIt95*

@OgberttheNerd I wish more TV stations would use it for montages. No song pumps me up more! (not)

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I would be really disappointed if Jay Rosehill is in the lineup over Tye McGinn. Jay ROsehill brings NOTHING to an NHL team. AT least Tye McGinn has some talent

Absolutely!

Another thought: why can't they dress 7 defensemen? Rinaldo and Rosehill are both playing roughly just over 3 min a night, maybe 5 if the team can take an early lead.
I would scratch one of them and dress Gus to rotate him in here and there for some much needed offense.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Absolutely!

Another thought: why can't they dress 7 defensemen? Rinaldo and Rosehill are both playing roughly just over 3 min a night, maybe 5 if the team can take an early lead.
I would scratch one of them and dress Gus to rotate him in here and there for some much needed offense.
Eh, I wouldn't go with 7 defensemen, seems like a waste. I think the fourth line has become underused in these last games. I know Rinaldo made a couple of stupid plays, and that might be the reason for it, but if he can get back on track, I see no reason why they shouldn't be out and banging at least in the 8 minute range a game. As for Gus, I don't see him bringing enough to offset a working fourth line by having him get some rotation in. Just go with the six defenders you have and be done with it. If he happens to be one of them, great, but if not, tough luck.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eh, I wouldn't go with 7 defensemen, seems like a waste. I think the fourth line has become underused in these last games. I know Rinaldo made a couple of stupid plays, and that might be the reason for it, but if he can get back on track, I see no reason why they shouldn't be out and banging at least in the 8 minute range a game. As for Gus, I don't see him bringing enough to offset a working fourth line by having him get some rotation in. Just go with the six defenders you have and be done with it. If he happens to be one of them, great, but if not, tough luck.

Because he isn't a puck possession player. The Flyers are 6th worst in the league in Fenwick close. Thus, he hasn't been finding the ice. Keeping the 4th line off the ice should be a priority until we find better 4th liners, which shouldn't take too long or else the better players will get worn out just trying to get back into it. Rinaldo and Rosehill are getting Darcy Hordichuk-levels of ice time - and in the same game. It would be one thing if only one of them was being dressed. Often, it's both. You're wasting roster spots. In this situation, the Flyers would actually be better served to use Gustafsson even as a 7th defenseman, you have another defenseman in case one gets hurt, and you're barely going to use him anyways. Might as well hedge your bets and get the most out of your roster.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
Giroux and Couturier have been doing all the right things offensively. At some point they have to start going in.

Agreed. Another thing nobody has commented on is G's defensive game this year. He looks much more committed than he did last season.

I have positive feelings about tonight. Am I just setting myself up for an even bigger disappointment?! :sarcasm:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
He hasn't shown what he did last year but for God's sake, nothing warranting being benched for Hal Gill.

Most people disagree, there has been a lot of Schenn discussion of how poor he's been all year. We all knew Berube wasn't going to change the D after the win. But when Gill/Mesz/Gross/Coburn get torched by Edmonton on Saturday, he'll have to reshuffle again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad