GDT: Game #14 St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

I know its a little past Halloween, but here's my dedication for tonight's game. An '80s parody theme song for Nightmare on Elm Street! Hopefully it will be applicable to the Calgary experience in St Louis.

illninofan*

Blues win 7-1

Stewart gets a hatty, Steen, Berglund and Tarasenko (x2).

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Very excited to see Berra in net tonight!

Have been following him since a prospect camp a couple years back.

Glad to see him find his way to the starting rotation. From what I've seen so far, he's got the potential to be a good starter. Only catch for him is he's aggressive and gets out of position easily.

Hope we don't beat him too badly.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Wait, we're playing Berra?
Isn't he their third string goalie?

A bit of a different time in Calgary - there is no starter, backup and so on. Kipper retired last season, and they re-signed MacDonald to give them 'some' stability in net (which he hasn't) while they roll the dice on Ramo, Berra and Ortio. Nobody as of yet has really grabbed the starter's position. They have Brossoit that turned pro as well this year, but he is probably too young to realistically compete.

Place your bets on whom (if any) takes it over permanently, but no - Berra is really not a third string. I would say MacDonald relegated himself to 3rd string this year, and Hartley seems to favor Berra as he played against him in the Swiss league lots.

No mention of Russel? We absolutely love this guy! Small unfortunately, but is he ever a competitor out there. Him and Wideman are making for a seriously good pairing - at least WAY better offensively and defensively than anyone dreamed of. You can definitely say the Flames' d-core is below average (ESPECIALLY with Giordano out), but very impressed at how Russel/Wideman/Brodie look this season.

Stempniak is out - broken foot I believe
Giordano broken foot
Glencross knee is also out
Baertschi is a scratch today (causing massive panic amongst some fans)

Good luck to you guys (though I think we need it much more)

Grr.. the game started already!

illninofan*

The usual Blues strong start. All the play in their end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->