GDT: Game 14: Nashville Predators(5-6-1) @ Seattle Kraken(7-4-2) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
WTF is going on?

Five game win streak baby.
giphy.gif

Jones certainly found that time traveling machine and is back in 2016.
And Dunn seems to have turned it around since Hakstol called that time out to only talk to him.

Reactions: The Marquis

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
lol at the buoy vs biz twitter exchange. and the responses to to have been pro buoy

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Turns out Bouy is more of a troll than we thought. It’s the personality that’s winning people over. Exactly how it should be done. It’s a cavalcade of fun.

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Wow. Might the Kraken actually be good? I’m not holding my breath, but I’m cherishing this moment for sure

I think when there's a lack of talent, a properly implemented and designed system can help bridge that gap. Maybe we are finding the right pieces for the system...and it is being run effectively. This is really a lot of fun.

I'm officially on board the "Call him Carson Spicy" train. Choooo-choooooooo

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I think when there's a lack of talent, a properly implemented and designed system can help bridge that gap. Maybe we are finding the right pieces for the system...and it is being run effectively. This is really a lot of fun.

I'm officially on board the "Call him Carson Spicy" train. Choooo-choooooooo

It's going to be interesting if Oleksiak is out for some games. He's blocking the HELL out of shots and making loads of hits. Missing that will challenge the goalies. Most blocks and hits on the team. I don't think we have ANY depth players who can make up what Oleksiak brings as most of those guys are offensive defensemen. Who is the guy to bring in that's going to bring that? I hadn't really been paying attention to the defensive side of the guys in CV.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's going to be interesting if Oleksiak is out for some games. He's blocking the HELL out of shots and making loads of hits. Missing that will challenge the goalies. Most blocks and hits on the team. I don't think we have ANY depth players who can make up what Oleksiak brings as most of those guys are offensive defensemen. Who is the guy to bring in that's going to bring that? I hadn't really been paying attention to the defensive side of the guys in CV.
I think Evans is a very steady 2 way D-man. He almost always seems to be on the top of his teams for +/-. That being said, he is a rookie and I am not sure how he does. Right now, the first call up is likely going to be Fleury though.

Yeah, we are gonna miss Oleksiak. One underappreciated thing that he does is take a hit behind the net in our own zone to clear the puck. Ofcourse the blocks and hits are going to be missed as well.

Really hoping he is not gone too long.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I think Evans is a very steady 2 way D-man. He almost always seems to be on the top of his teams for +/-. That being said, he is a rookie and I am not sure how he does. Right now, the first call up is likely going to be Fleury though.

Yeah, we are gonna miss Oleksiak. One underappreciated thing that he does is take a hit behind the net in our own zone to clear the puck. Ofcourse the blocks and hits are going to be missed as well.

Really hoping he is not gone too long.
What about LD Kris Russell the human blocking machine who's currently not playing? Hello GM Francis I'd like to make a recommendation sir

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, Mike Reilly(Boston) and Nikita Zaitsev(Ottawa) are on waivers.
Though, their contracts make them non options to pick up.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
God damn. What team is this?

Which one of you sacrificed goats to make this happen?
I think this is my fault. A couple of weeks ago I was bellyaching at how terrible Jones was at G, and that the Big Rig's game had fallen off the planet. Since then, the team has been red hot. I'm astounded to see Marty play the way he's playing and Oleksiak looks better than he ever did in Pittsburgh. I've never been more pleased to see my commentary age like milk.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad