GDT: Game 14: Flyers at Sharks, 7:30pm

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Jones prob has an extremely long leash because of his contact, but considering the team is all in this season, I wonder what the breaking point will be and wat exactly DW's plan b is

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I wonder if the new pads for goalies is totally jacking Jones up. I know several goalies have complained about them, maybe Jones relied on his pads way more than other goalies.

Jones is no superstar, but my goodness even I cannot defend him any more this year, hes playing like poo

On a side note, wtf was Burns doing on that 2nd goal. He just skated right past the guy in front of the net to double team the shooter for some reason, if he had been tied up with him instead, that shot might have hit him, and if Jones had actually made a save with a rebound, he would have had all day to take a couple shots before Burns got back.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Ya I honestly blame that goal on burns, you can't just leave a guy in front of your goalie for no reason

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Hertl on radio intermission interview:

- [on his line] yeah, I think every game you get better and better, and we got lot of chances, we should score like 3 goals this period, but we happy for 1, but we have to just keep going, it's like simple, me and Timo just using our body, strong on the puck, and just try open for ourselves and that's why we scoring goals, and so far it's working and I'm really happy we can score tonight, but we should score another one because our team need us
- me and Timo [unintelligible], we big guys, and that's why we got so many goals because they throwing the puck and after we make the plays, all 3 guys can make a play, not just Cooch or Timo, it's all 3 guys, we just handle the puck, looking for each other, talking after every shift, and so far it's working, but we have to just keep doing it, because we can score every night 3 goals least
- [2nd/3rd period adjustments?] we have to be just harder in our D zone, they have too much time, you know, skate around, we have to just first guy put it on the glass, take the puck, cuz we can play O zone, be fine, we get chances, we should score couple goals, we have to be harder in D zone, make easy play, and just play down there because they have tough time against us

Meier on TV intermission interview:

- [frustrated or optimistic after 1st?] I think we're optimistic, I think we're playing well, we just gotta stick some pucks in the net, we gotta tighten up some things defensively, but I think overall we gotta stick with it, we gotta play our game, keep it fast, dictate the pace out there
- [on the goal] it was a beautiful pass by Hertl there, I was alone in front of the net, the goalie had no stick, so I just had to put it 5-hole, it's nice playing with those two guys, I think we have a great chemistry, we're trying to work hard and have fun out there
- [what is that chemistry?] I think we're working for each other, we're trying to create some room for each other, and we're moving the puck well, we have to bring our strength to the game, all 5 guys on the ice, and I think that's what we're doing right now

Reactions: WTFetus

Naki

Oct 8, 2009
When does Karlsson start making a consistent positive impact for the sharks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad