GDT: Game 14: Columbus vs. Ottawa | 11/5 7PM EST

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
Hardly notice Anisimov at all. Maybe I'm not watching closely enough. He looks so scronny and seems to get knocked off the puck with ease. He's one of those guys that will make a spectacular play every five games or so then will just float around and not do much of anything. I know he's got great hands but his success seems to depend on whether he has the space to work and avoid physical contact. Would be nice to see him, among others, step up and start contributing offensively.

Last edited:

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
the last three minutes of the game last night was pickup, pond hockey...no structure, dump and chase, weak passes...if I'd been in the arena I'd have been livid...I agree with Samkow ^^, if the team drops the next two, a BIG fire needs to be set

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
The most irritating thing last night was the passes to no one. Whether the passer thought the receiver was moving faster than he was or not, I have no idea. The shear number of horrible passes (particularly 5 of 5) was amazing.

Passes in feet, passes behind the other guy, passes way too far in front of the other guy...

Aggravating.

v3rs3

Nov 30, 2008
Columbus, OH
I also thought Chaput had a good game, much more noticeable than his previous outings. He skated hard and did lots of good things with the puck compared to what I had been seeing.

I agree. I thought Chaput and Joey were are two best forwards last night. At the end Chaput was on a line with Dubi and Gabby.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m
Last time #CBJ held a lead was early in the 2nd period vs. Anaheim on 10/27. That's 219:41 without a lead.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m
Last time #CBJ held a lead was early in the 2nd period vs. Anaheim on 10/27. That's 219:41 without a lead.

Yeah, not surprising since we've scored 1 goal in the last 120 minutes.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
This is still a very young team, and there is still going to be some brain farts by those young guys. Having said that, to me the Jackets are just not playing the game that made them so successful last season. Every game that I have been to and watched has not looked like the team we saw last season.

My biggest observation would be the lack of intensity of the fore-check. That carried them to many a victory last season, and to me has been completely lacking this season. Granted, one of the best, peskiest fore-checkers, Calvert, has been out, but still.

A few tweaks should help the D and goaltending, but the players need to kick up the fore-check to last seasons intensity level, to be better.

A-men. I can't quite figure it, but this CBJ team is the lightest hitting team I've seen in some time. Even Boll doesn't really hit with regularity. If he doesn't do that, I'm not sure I understand his role. He did seem to hit more against OTT, but it's been largely absent.

The forecheck is gone, for the most part. I don't know why and it's confounding. This team is not very good at puck possession, and they haven't been for some time, but the difference last year was that their forecheck created many opportunities. I don't see it consistently enough to my liking this year.

Richards made a comment in preseason about the lack of intensity and physical play. This has carried over into the season, for the most part. This team needs to swarm to pucks, be hard on the forecheck and support the puck to be successful within the limitations of their skillset. They seem to get back to it from time to time, but it's just not consistent enough - too many globetrotter plays and not enough lunchpail plays, IMO.

Oh well. On to tomorrow.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Has anyone else noticed how passive our PK has become? I dont know if this is a team by team scenerio but it seems when we play really skilled teams we just kinda sit back and collapse on the net. I HATE this! We create havoc when we pressure like crazy! We also create scoring chances when this happens! 2 games in a row we scored a shorty because of an aggresive pk.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Has anyone else noticed how passive our PK has become? I dont know if this is a team by team scenerio but it seems when we play really skilled teams we just kinda sit back and collapse on the net. I HATE this! We create havoc when we pressure like crazy! We also create scoring chances when this happens! 2 games in a row we scored a shorty because of an aggresive pk.

honestly I think this problem extends to all facets of our game, not just the PK. I was remarking on how far away our forwards were getting from the pointmen in the defensive zone. It makes it really difficult to get a good clean breakout from our zone, it gives the opposing defensemen plenty of time to line up a big shot or a good pass. I don't see any plus to the scheme.

Are we that worried that our defense + center can't handle their forwards that we have to bring our wingers down to help out? If so, there's a problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->