GDT: Game 14: Canada Vs Germany | 9AM EST 3PM CET

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
If the Czech's lose in regulation to both the US & Canada, are they relegated? What tiebreaker is first, Goal Differential or Head to Head?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
No history of success and playing our backup. I'll definitely not miss a second of it though. We have a 'any given Sunday' chance.
They need to play physical like they did vs Germany but stay out of the box. When Canada started playing the body, it really took the wind out of USA's sails.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
Canada came out strong today and have been skating miles today. Hard for the Germans to keep up against a team with superior speed and skill.

They’ve had their chances though, this German team is a good team. They’ll crush whoever they get in the relegation games assuming they lose to Russia.

If I were Russia I would be a little concerned for the next game
This German team has zero to lose

Reactions: snipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If the Czech's lose in regulation to both the US & Canada, are they relegated? What tiebreaker is first, Goal Differential or Head to Head?
Depends on Russia/Germany... believe it or not, if Germany beats Russia in relegation - they're done regardless of any other results. There is a scenario where Canada wins the pool and Russia gets relegated. Who would've believed that 2 days ago! .

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
You have to hunker down and believe you can believe the U.S, I'll be cheering you guys on today.

Stay out of the penalty box!! but I suppose that just isn't possible at this tournament.

I will also be cheering on our Czech brothers in this one.

Reactions: Czechboy

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Canada came out strong today and have been skating miles today. Hard for the Germans to keep up against a team with superior speed and skill.

They’ve had their chances though, this German team is a good team. They’ll crush whoever they get in the relegation games assuming they lose to Russia.
Why are you assuming that Germany is the one that goes to the relegation round? As things currently stand, the Czechs are more likely to end up there.

Reactions: Czechboy

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
If I were Russia I would be a little concerned for the next game
This German team has zero to lose

Russia has been prone to undisciplined play and Germany has some excellent high end players on that PP.

I expect Russia to win but crazy things can happen at this tournament.

Reactions: wishywashy19

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Does this guarantee the quarter for Canada? They are in a great spot to win pool and getting a friendlier crossover.

Very disapointed the Slovakia/Swiss game is at same time as I was really interested in that one too.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Why are you assuming that Germany is the one that goes to the relegation round? As things currently stand out, the Czechs are more likely to end up there.

Touche. It’s more likely the Czechs than the Germans end up in relegation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad