Pre-Game Talk: GAME 14 - 11/5 7:07 PM - Sometimes a team needs a game to bond as happened against Dallas in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
this teams record is generous and fortunate as they have played so many weak sisters of the league thus far. 4 game home stretch vs teams that will not be a pushover including a surprising Canucks team.

By the end of this week, if nothing has changed as far as production, surely DS will be "encouraged" by Neely to try and do something? Not sure what is possible this early in a year but by weeks end, will have played 17 games, albeit it with some key injuries but you can`t continue trudging along relying solely on one bloody line

I`m not sure what to expect tonight, wish I was confident in saying the B`s will explode but I can`t, I can see the B`s get caught flat footed by a solid Stars team though and that`s not a good feeling to have

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
From the looks of this thread, you think most folks are already throwing in the towel on this season...YIKES!!

not a chance will this fan toss in the towel but at the same time, this team potentially has a huge issue on it`s hands.

McAvoy- what the he** is going on?

Krug- Will take time to find his playing game although he`s done well so far so the D is behind the 8 ball a bit there

Heinen/JD/Bjork- to this point, minimal production and that`s being kind

Backes- Love the guy`s heart and commitment to the game but he can`t play at the pace the NHL is playing at now

4th Line- Umm, little to no need to go into details here

Serious concerns, we`ll have a bit of a chance to see what this team is made of this week, 4 tough games, no easy outs

Imagine you are the opposing coach, how difficult is it to formulate a game plan vs the B`s? I`ll suggest not too difficult

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Ugh. That line up blows.

Fortunately Dallas has the exact same problem we do and a worse defense.

Realistically - how long to you give Bjork/Heinen/DeBrusk until you bring someone in? I'm not asking sarcastically I'm really trying to start a conversation. DeBrusk I'm not worried about long term - he's proven he can be effective over an entire season and playoffs. Heinen has a short period of success and some longer droughts. Bjork is very unknown at this point. Even if you believe they will all be amazing, fact is they are dragging the team down right now and we are completely wasting Krejci (our only secondary scoring threat). If they don't wake up in the next week or so I think you need to start looking for an outside answer or this season is going to be tough.

Here's hoping I've now called them all out and they light it up tonight.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad