Pre-Game Talk: GAME 14 - 11/5 7:07 PM - Sometimes a team needs a game to bond as happened against Dallas in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
We have the same record as the friggen Habs? That sucks.

I want to go to this haven't been to the B's yet this year only Celtics Bucks last week. Shame Radulov isn't playing would like to see their first line at full strength.

It's not that Montreal has the same record that worries me - it is they have scored 4 more goals. Buffalo was overdue to improve.

upload_2018-11-5_0-29-44.png

No reason to panic - but if Dallas wins with Khudobin and Rask is the starter things can go south quickly. Hopefully, the Red Sox going to the game will set the mood.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Seeing those Dallas clips and looking at our roster right now makes me sad.

Exactly: I'm sitting here in my kitchen at 1:30 in the a.m. feeling very melancholy for the "real" Bruins and wondering if/when I'll ever feel that way about my team again. Hockey today may be faster but it just doesn't get the blood boiling the way it did just several short years ago. Character players, with personality ruled the day, today we have speed and a little more talent but that team concept of "one for all, all for one" is gone IMO and not coming back. Today we have basketball on ice. I'm not surprised seeing where Bettman comes from and where hockey has gone. I'm going to the game tonight because my wife and I are chaperoning a group but I'm not expecting much in the way of entertainment. My neighbor came next door and asked if I wanted 2 loge seats for free, he isn't even interested and he's in his thirties. My wife was on Facebook tonight and some friends offered her seats too. Once Marchand, Bergy and Chara are gone I think we're just not going to have the same passion from these young players and it's sad.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Just watched that clip again. « 3 fights in 4 sec » and then you realize Lucic and Chara and Ference didn’t even fight yet...

Reactions: Ladyfan

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don’t know I think he has a great set of wheels,just doesn’t seem to have any finish,reminds me of Axellson ,sorry I’m sure I spelled that wrong.

Axe popped 17 one year. I don't see Kuraly ever doing that as it stands now . . .

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Axe popped 17 one year. I don't see Kuraly ever doing that as it stands now . . .
Really didn’t think he got that high,maybe it just seemed he would get so many great chances,but fudge it ,Agree never see Kuraly popping in 17.Still I’m ok with him on the forth line ,they seem to be missing Schaller though.

Reactions: BMC

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
We should have a betting thread:

First non-first line forward to score a 5 on 5 goal. Wonder how many games it will go...

I'll say DeBrusk.

Yeah DeBrusk.

Hes bound to get it going.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Then how would anyone know it was me

I need them for reference when I’m right

I'll be really curious to see if you get this overall thing right. I was quite surprised by last year's result and was thinking you might just be on to something. I'm typically the first to admit when I'm wrong.

That said, I think my theory is starting to prove out far more than yours. 2 more years and I'd say we'll know. For now, let's see where this wild ride goes. And to be clear, you being right is the best thing for us all by far. Let's hope you know your stuff.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Didn’t mean to turn this in to a Kuraly skills thread lol.

He was just my choice to pot 2 goals in a game he had no business potting 2 goals.

That’s said. He pots 2 tonight. Neither off his stick

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Too bad his on-ice vision and composure with the puck are non-existent.

They're only non-existent when compared to the first line. IMO Kuraly's are above average for a fourth liner. Granted that's not saying much but he's not in Noel Acciari territory either.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
When did pre-match buildup become this pessimistic? Sure, B's haven't set the world on fire so far this season but I seem to recall a bunch of woe is me last season at this point as well (including the mandatory Rask bashing) before the run started. I, for one, haven't given up yet but gosh, it's depressing to read some posts in here. Bjork pots two tonight to turn those frowns upside down, 5-1 Bs.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
They're only non-existent when compared to the first line. IMO Kuraly's are above average for a fourth liner. Granted that's not saying much but he's not in Noel Acciari territory either.

He's certainly above Acciari without question.

He just really doesn't see the ice very well when he has the puck. He's fine without it.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Not to get into my "they need to be tougher, grittier, bigger" agenda but if the had some forwards with more jam than Heinen, Bjork, etc and some size they could at least try to drive the net and if they keep possession in the offensive zone some of those more aggressive, willing to crash the net player could get some tips/ugly goals from point shots. If you can't score with your speed and skill you need to be able to adapt enough to play some ugly hockey and score goals within a foot of the net or on rebounds. Having forwards who don't crash the net or stay in the slot to screen means you are limited in how you score goals. It's not the best offensive strategy in the world but short term it would help.

If the prospects are as good as they are suppose to be they will come out of their collective slumps, until then those players need to get in the goalies face and look for some ugly goals to try and get some production from any line other than Bergerons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad