Pre-Game Talk: GAME 14 - 11/5 7:07 PM - Sometimes a team needs a game to bond as happened against Dallas in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
February 3. 2011 an unsuspecting Dallas team came into Boston. There was a nasty game between the clubs in 2008 but nobody expected this - except the Bruins as it was the next time Dallas played in Boston after the 2008 game.

GAME NOTES 2-3-2011

Less than a week later THIS happened

As we all know 2011 turned out very well and that game against Dallas started the momentum.

upload_2018-11-5_0-49-0.png

upload_2018-11-4_13-47-34.png

Last edited:

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
I expect a Rask-Dolby encounter..Khudobin left Boston cause he wanted a chance to be a #1 netminder and while signing with Dallas seemed like a good idea at the time, it hasn't worked out that way. Dolby has played only 3 of 14 games but has a 2-1 record with good numbers. that was when I checked a week ago, maybe he played since..Sorry, I'm having a lazy Sunday and too much trouble to check out his stats..

Should be a pretty even game. I wish the hell the offense would break out bigtime so the team might have a little confidence.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Man, that Dallas game. The one everybody talks about when the Bruins need a spark to get things going. "They need a Dallas game". Different time. Different players. But, perhaps the Bruins will channel that WWE-style rumble and we see a masked Bruin score the game winning goal in the final minute. Then, the masked Bruin reveals himself to be.....TYLER SEGUIN, who has betrayed the Stars and is back in Boston once again :groucho::eek::naughty:.......but, a more likely scenario is that we'll be hoping the big 3 have a big game because we're losing faith that anybody else can score for this team.

Reactions: BMC and Strafer

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Need to commit to one philosophy and stop believing this team's a 'contender'.

Excited to watch Heiskanen.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I expect a Rask-Dolby encounter..Khudobin left Boston cause he wanted a chance to be a #1 netminder and while signing with Dallas seemed like a good idea at the time, it hasn't worked out that way. Dolby has played only 3 of 14 games but has a 2-1 record with good numbers. that was when I checked a week ago, maybe he played since..Sorry, I'm having a lazy Sunday and too much trouble to check out his stats..

Should be a pretty even game. I wish the hell the offense would break out bigtime so the team might have a little confidence.

Dobby didn't leave to be a #1 in Dallas, they have Bishop. He knew he was going there to be a backup. Dobby FIRST left years ago to try for a starting position but isn't cut out for full time work. DS most likely seen more upside ti Halak than Dobby.

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
If we win we can’t even chant “thank you Seguin” I guess?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Can’t really see this breaking out with this current team,really don’t want Marchand and Chara fighting.Lauzon had a few in junior,maybe he might go at it,

Noticed Marschand trying to be our tough guy?
I think since Adam has been traded it has taken the wind out the sails of the forwards. It is becoming more and more evident we need a scrapper to play on line 4.

Zack Kassian can fill that role and could be had probably for Accari at half retained or a 5-7th round pick if he doesn't hit the waiver wire first.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Noticed Marschand trying to be our tough guy?
I think since Adam has been traded it has taken the wind out the sails of the forwards. It is becoming more and more evident we need a scrapper to play on line 4.

Zack Kassian can fill that role and could be had probably for Accari at half retained or a 5-7th round pick if he doesn't hit the waiver wire first.
With Millar out were definitely lacking some muscle

Reactions: Ladyfan

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
This tean is nowhere close to the 2011 team.. I appreciate the attempt at some type of Hope but its nothing other then false ones.
This is a bubble team at least for now and i already mentioned long tine ago
I dont see a great future ...how? Someone can .Tell me pls

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
This tean is nowhere close to the 2011 team.. I appreciate the attempt at some type of Hope but its nothing other then false ones.
This is a bubble team at least for now and i already mentioned long tine ago
I dont see a great future ...how? Someone can .Tell me pls
Yeah definitely not,three lines that could score,hell even the forth could,should have had more than the one cup,some key injuries did them in.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
With Buffalo and Montreal sticking around so far, it would be nice to see the Bruins gain some traction.

Not sure what the options are in terms of improving the roster.

You have to shuffle things up and hope it sparks some offense at this point, right?

Reactions: Absurdity

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We have the same record as the friggen Habs? That sucks.

I want to go to this haven't been to the B's yet this year only Celtics Bucks last week. Shame Radulov isn't playing would like to see their first line at full strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad