GDT: Game 14 • CBJ @ ANA • 9:00 EST • November 4th, 2018.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You are the ring leader. Every excuse in the book, now and back then. Besides Jones those are the only elite players on our team. You always try to discredit everyone but at some point we need to stop making excuses.

Excuses for who? She is saying the supposed elite players are playing poorly (I'd say all 3 of our elite players are playing poorly, Panarin, Bobrovsky, and Jones). Take away 2 players who are playing poorly from a mediocre team and you have ... a mediocre team. Panarin and Bobrovsky leaving only hurts the team when the counterfactual is them playing well.

Reactions: Viqsi

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
A .500 team which needs to:

1) Fix the PP yesterday
2) Resolve the Bob situation very soon
3) Eliminate the Country Club environment. It's back. Too many members to list.

Or it's a possible lottery team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Facifer and Deku

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Not his fault at all. He was defending the guy playing high, Jones was responsible for Fowler. Panarin barely got beat on a move and Jones overreacted to it and left Folwer to help and Wennberg had no chance to cover.

Until it’s proven wrong, I’ll say it every night: Jones and Werenski are the worst defensive top pair in the league by a mile. Jones was completely at fault on the winner and Werenski was to blame for being completely out of position and screening Korpi on goal 2.

I just watched the replay.

I'm going to pin this on Panarin. Absolutely a half hearted effort on the play. Jones sort of "no man landed" himself, but that was in reaction to Panarin's lame play. Wennberg wasn't at fault, but he didn't come up with the big play either.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Dubois had himself quite a night. :D
da23d5c90f035cd6e3a60e7ae4c6d559-full.png

And here is our "Talk is cheap" leader.
62ab9bc94687ef6fa2355f9185a36de6-full.png

Reactions: EspenK

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I mean if we're going to cherry pick stuff... here we go..
Difference is those 2 didn't came out last night with "Enough is enough!!!" speech calling out other players and then performed like this, Fligs is one the worst players day in and day out.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
14 games in, and I can say at this point the Jackets are a thoroughly mediocre team. Good enough to hang on the playoff bubble, but that's about it. If the special teams were better, they could probably move up to the good category, however I don't see a commitment from the front office or coaching staff to make that happen.

The lack of consistency is troubling. Haven't yet seen a 60 minute effort, and some nights, haven't seen a 20 minute effort. Only bright spot for me thus far is the Duclair signing.

Obviously things can change (we're less than 20% into the season), but this team is a disappointment so far.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If only I heard a coherent thought from the FO, the HC or the team captain about how to actually fix the situation.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
If only I heard a coherent thought from the FO, the HC or the team captain about how to actually fix the situation.

Eh. I don't think they are on the same page. I also don't think they are a great team. I think we're almost all in agreement that they are a first round exit

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Excuses for who? She is saying the supposed elite players are playing poorly (I'd say all 3 of our elite players are playing poorly, Panarin, Bobrovsky, and Jones). Take away 2 players who are playing poorly from a mediocre team and you have ... a mediocre team. Panarin and Bobrovsky leaving only hurts the team when the counterfactual is them playing well.
Panarin playing poorly lol, leads the team in points at above a PPG pace. Every game he has a point in we have won. He can’t do it all himself. What more do you want from him?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Difference is those 2 didn't came out last night with "Enough is enough!!!" speech calling out other players and then performed like this, Fligs is one the worst players day in and day out.

Right, they just kept quiet and had a quiet 3 game road trip that did the team a whole lotta good.

And maybe Foligno spoke up because he is indeed the Captain .... with a microphone being stuck in their face every night? Would you like the Captain to be a passenger like the majority of the other players were on this road trip? Is that better for the team? :rolleyes:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Right, they just kept quiet and had a quiet 3 game road trip that did the team a whole lotta good.

And maybe Foligno spoke up because he is indeed the Captain .... with a microphone being stuck in their face every night? Would you like the Captain to be a passenger like the majority of the other players were on this road trip? Is that better for the team? :rolleyes:

Foligno really seems to take things to heart. I tend to believe that being Captain has a negative impact on his game. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be Captain, but I am pretty sure he'd be a better player if he weren't.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Panarin playing poorly lol, leads the team in points at above a PPG pace. Every game he has a point in we have won. He can’t do it all himself. What more do you want from him?

He is not playing like himself the last few games. Just giving away the puck. The third period against San Jose was the only time he even created a chance.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

He's had some very good games. Just stank it up last night. The puck was like a grenade to him.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Well, "we" made it to November.... just barely.

Maybe its time for some of you to ask yourself why you are or what makes you a CBJ fan. Without looking at the standings, and just going by what you can find here, you would think the team is 5-9 or something.

I guess the "crow" cant be served if it hasn't been "prepared" yet. Thanksgiving seems to be an appropriate and or acceptable time frame.

I fully expect Murray, Korpisalo and others, to have cooked up a healthy portion by then.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

You won't have a level headed argument with me regarding Fligs. You know how EDM is with Wennberg? or CR with Murray? or Bus with Bob? I have the same feelings with Fligs, offence dies on his stick, he's black hole on PP and a bottom six guy who thinks he is top 6 forward and i can't stand him and his interviews. Don't take offence with this post, i won't bring it over and over - Bus style.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Well, "we" made it to November.... just barely.

Maybe its time for some of you to ask yourself why you are or what makes you a CBJ fan. Without looking at the standings, and just going by what you can find here, you would think the team is 5-9 or something.

I guess the "crow" cant be served if it hasn't been "prepared" yet. Thanksgiving seems to be an appropriate and or acceptable time frame.

I fully expect Murray, Korpisalo and others, to have cooked up a healthy portion by then.

Ya know I generally agree with a lot of what you say, but I just can't actually agree because of the tone you use. It's a shame.

Reactions: Viqsi

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Ya know I generally agree with a lot of what you say, but I just can't actually agree because of the tone you use. It's a shame.
I actually like his tone.

It's the content that I disagree with upon occasion.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Foligno really seems to take things to heart. I tend to believe that being Captain has a negative impact on his game. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be Captain, but I am pretty sure he'd be a better player if he weren't.

Yeah, I get that part.. and I'm not saying venting his frustration was the right thing to do or that being Captain is best for his game.

What I'm saying Maylo cherry picking a map of his play last night, but not including multiple others who get paid more money to do more things, is quite ironic and silly.

And as far as what he said post LA, I felt his quotes were full of truth in a lot of ways, and I didn't mind the honesty after a frustrating loss.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
You won't have a level headed argument with me regarding Fligs. You know how EDM is with Wennberg? or CR with Murray? or Bus with Bob? I have the same feelings with Fligs, offence dies on his stick, he's black hole on PP and a bottom six guy who thinks he is top 6 forward and i can't stand him and his interviews. Don't take offence with this post, i won't bring it over and over - Bus style.

Got it. Fair enough ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad