Pre-Game Talk: GAME #13: LEAFS vs STARS | Thu, Nov 1 @ 7PM EST | Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I've given up on Babcock's decisions. Is what it is. I understand if a player is not performing but Kappy has been good albeit due to Matthews but he doesn't deserve to be off either PP. Babcock has a hard on for the older players regardless of how they are playing. Marleau has not looked good all year yet hasn't moved off the top lines and or PP. Team has made some improvements since Babcock's hiring but honestly think the team is being held back due to his coaching and decisions.
I have to agree. I think we finish 10 points higher last season if Babcock doesn't make a lot of those very dubious lineup decisions, and, shortens the bench when we were down a goal late in the 3rd. JMHO.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Let’s see if they can set the tone tonight. All too often they’ve been chasing the game, especially at home.
If this team wants to be considered a serious contender it’s time to dominate a game, use their speed to be first on the puck, strong on the puck when do have it, take some shots, get the rebounds and make them chase you around..
If they can’t do that at home against a team they should beat, then stop all this crap about being a Cup contender.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
most in this group do not understand Babcock PP structure and the different role each position plays, I have gone down this road in the past, good luck trying to educate them.

Then please educate me on how Ennis is more suited in pp role than Kapanen?

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Kapanen off the first unit of PP is the right choice. I don't think Kappy will ever be good on PP. He's not the type of player who holds on to the puck or makes crisps passes.

His game is speed, in PP that becomes null. His game will always be on the rush or counter. I am ok with that

What I am not ok with, is Hyman. I get it, he battles hard along the boards and provides some net presence. But as much I love the guy, he simply doesn't have the hands to finish

For every good play he makes offensively, which Babcock highlights, there are 30 other plays he just completely screws up

Reactions: Lauro

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Listening to Blair....Luke Fox said, with 132, the Leafs have the 2nd most give-aways in the league

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Leafs have to show up on home ice. It's absolutely inexcusable they've been terrible at home.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm not as excited about games these says, I think it's because the Nylander situation is like a dark cloud above the team. Will he sign with us and if so, will there be any hanvogers re. his attitude or ill feelings between him and our other players or do we get back to normal? Or do we trade him and if so, what will the return be and are we worse off as a team? Or god forbid, does he sit out the year? It's almost like I find it hard to be fully invested in this team because I don't know if it's going to be the same team a month from now if that makes sense.

I'm just not enjoying the Leafs as much as I would be otherwise, is it just me? Still invested and it's always great to watch some of these guys, it's just that somethings off ...

Reactions: great

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I'm not as excited about games these says, I think it's because the Nylander situation is like a dark cloud above the team. Will he sign with us and if so, will there be any hanvogers re. his attitude or ill feelings between him and our other players or do we get back to normal? Or do we trade him and if so, what will the return be and are we worse off as a team? Or god forbid, does he sit out the year? It's almost like I find it hard to be fully invested in this team because I don't know if it's going to be the same team a month from now if that makes sense.

I'm just not enjoying the Leafs as much as I would be otherwise, is it just me? Still invested and it's always great to watch some of these guys, it's just that somethings off ...

I was excited going into the season, but it looks like they are going down the same path as last year. That’s dissapointing.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Edit... beat me to it.... great news.

Best I've heard in a bit. This Nylander stuff is getting old. Someone needs to shit or get off the pot.

Oz has been fine but I hope Holl does well.... can he score tonight... that would be crazy if he could. Glad Dermotts back in. Marincin despite statistics ... he doesn't pass the eye test. Hasn't been horrible but I want to see what this pairing can do.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

Yeah same.

It doesn't help that Matthews and Nylander are both out, outside of Marner my 2 favorite players to watch. But I've found a lot of the games to be downright boring.

That Calgary game for instance, I almost turned if off after the 2nd and it was a 0-0 game.

I'm sure once we get the big 4 reunited and get deeper into the year games will be more entertaining, but right now, I totally echo what you said, it's just bleh.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
100+ point season?

That’s irrelevant if they can’t win a round in the playoffs.

Now, will they even get 100+ points, with Ottawa, Montreal, and Buffalo all playing better and having Sparks as the backup?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
That’s irrelevant if they can’t win a round in the playoffs.

Now, will they even get 100+ points, with Ottawa, Montreal, and Buffalo all playing better and having Sparks as the backup?

We're months away from the playoffs...

Sparks is undefeated, he hasn't hurt our record at all.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

There's been some terrible games played at home
They are still figuring out the lines, especially now with AM out
It will get better, but in the meantime, a few games have been a snooze-fest

Be nice not to ice the puck right away too :)

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Possession is key on the power play......if you get the puck you must be able to handle it and move it or it's going back down the ice.
So our idiot coach puts Hyman there..
Our team leads the east peninsula. We that tight. Right.

So uh, we finna rule the hockey kingdom once again, so don't be alarmed. Hyman might even score on the PP, sometimes those PP's are about some bounces, and twerks. So if our other 4 fools will keep the puck and move it, hyman finna hit that thang hard. We bout to win this one. We rock the earth and others be jelious. We got the money, the power and the talent. Others don't have a chance when this season progresses. Kadri and Tavares will both score points also tonight so that's a bank guaranteed also as we speak. Invest, get some and be rich like the Leafs is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad