Goal-Day Thread Game 13: Flyers @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Glad they showed some grit at the end there. Teams in the past would have just skated off. Philly played us really well. I was worriee about a trap game against Pickard who is playing for his career. Would have rather had Elliot tonight and a rusty Pickard Thursday.

I'm a little worried about our scoring. Last couple games have been great but we dont have anyone putting up multiple points in these wins where we put up 4 goals. To me that means we rely on every line to be able to chip it in each night which isnt very sustainable. I'd like to see one of Perlini, Strome, Hino, Fischer getting on the score sheet every other game or every three games where Gally and Keller are at least on a ppg pace (both are close but not exceeding it).

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Crouse had another very very good game again. He really balances that Keller line. He also should have made one of those consecutive one timers.

Lets try
Crouse-Strome-Keller
Perlini-Gally-Fischer
Panik-Stepan-Hino
Grabner-Richardson-Cousins

I known it wont happen but I dont feel like any line has clicked for more than a two games at a time yet.

Defensive pairings need help too. OEL cant be bothered on the offensive side because he has to cover Demer's gaffes. Hammer has looked excellent but rightfully doesnt get very involved on the offensive side, why isnt he playing with Demers or Goose to cover for their pinches? Move Osterele up with OEL, he has done very little wrong and their playing styles look similar. He played with Keith in Chicago. KConn was terrible tonight, but has looked solid in most games. I feel like we have a good defensive core but dont have the right mix of players yet.

OEL-Oesterele
Hammer-Goose
KConn-Demers

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Ah yes thanks for reminding me. We really dont have any game breakers we can call up with Merkely being injured. We are looking at the roster for better or worse.
Maggio is the only guy on the NHL, AHL or ECHL roster that can fight. Gudas and especially Simmonds are going to be out for blood. Maggio would be a very good sneak attack. Barely fights but when he does...look out!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
There's been 3 TV timeouts in the last 5 minutes. What is this, the NFL?

Yeah, sometimes they can stack up. But for anyone who isn't aware of this, the TV timeouts come at the first stoppage after 14, 10, and 6 minutes, with the following exceptions:
1) goal scored
2) icing
3) during power play
4) must be at least a minute after the last tv timeout

I think that's it in a nutshell, anyway.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
Strome had a really good game. Perlini has been solid the last couple games too.

We need to get rid of Panik. Cousins, Goose and Demers gets roasted in here but I don't see them as as big problems .

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
How was the game itself?
i could not watch it (I am not getting up 4:00 am in the morning on a weekday).
I know we lost, but was it because we where just unlucky? or did we really suck and had no motivation?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Cousins, Demers, and Panik have got to ****en go. It's just unreal how much they throw off the flow of the game.
IF RT would play Cousins where he should play he is fine, but when you ask him to play up in the line up he has a tough time and that is no fault of Cousins. Same goes for Demers, as he is not a 1D pairing but we don't have options until Chick comes back, and even then who do you put there.

Reactions: Mosby and rt

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
.. why are they just standing there when the net was empty?
KConn had the puck and gave it away like a hot potato. He should have taken the puck and skate it out of danger. KConn had a rough night.

Reactions: rt

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
How was the game itself?
i could not watch it (I am not getting up 4:00 am in the morning on a weekday).
I know we lost, but was it because we where just unlucky? or did we really suck and had no motivation?

My impression is that we played well for much of the game, but at times did not. I listened to the Flyers feed and they praised much of what the Coyotes were doing. It was one of those games where deflected pucks slipped past Kuemper and the opposing goalie played very well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Strome having a strong game work ethic wise. Perlini had no idea how to handle that setup.
I agree. Skating and getting involved. Now, if he can do this consistently his confidence will grow. He needs to start putting up points. Same for Fischer, Perlini and Crouse to a lesser degree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad