GDT: Game 13: Detroit @ Columbus, 7 PM EST

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Somehow I got a bad feeling about this one, 3 games in 4 nights..

The Cincinnati Cyclones just played 5 in 7-and won the 5th despite travelling 5 hours (each way) by bus that day. CBJ travel has been minimal. No excuses for fatigue.

I am so psyched about Justin Danforth making his NHL debut! I've been stupid busy (for me anyway) of late and have only caught the condensed game versions on NHL.com for the most part. Will watch most of this game I hope.

tchigo

Dec 13, 2019
Somehow I got a bad feeling about this one, 3 games in 4 nights..

I hope you had a good feeling for the 2 first ones. ;)

The loss against the Caps was really hard to swallow. I find it so great to watch CBJ this season. Such a change. Sure, the serie against Tampa with Panarin and Tex starting in NHL was fun, but Larsen seems to have learn what not to do under Torts. He's trying to build confidence among players, by let them play their games, use their strength, take risks to make a play (yes no more automatic dump and chase, no more permanent loss of possession after a line change, as it mostly happened after an unsuccessful (fool?)
dump and chase), as they are not demoted or benched for a single mistake, let them build chemistry with their partners.

As a fan of Tex, these last games (since he's on the 4th line) were a thrill. He probably did his best game against the Caps. And he was not bad against the Rangers neither (btw I hate Kreider :) ).

To the contrary, I found Cole did not do too well the last 2 games, and I see a bit more the player which this guy described in this video

CBJ will do a 10 games point streak from now on.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
This game will be huge for the players psyche.
It's a revenge game for the loss Detroit handed us earlier, where the CBJ played like shit.
Also after dropping 2 games in a row at home, they need to give the home crowd a W before they leave for their road trip.

The last 2 losses were still close games - the Washington game was a last minute goal, and the NYR game was a 63 second falling out that cost them 3 goals. Otherwise the team still played quite well and were in those games for the most part....unlike last season.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
The Cincinnati Cyclones just played 5 in 7-and won the 5th despite travelling 5 hours (each way) by bus that day. CBJ travel has been minimal. No excuses for fatigue.

I am so psyched about Justin Danforth making his NHL debut! I've been stupid busy (for me anyway) of late and have only caught the condensed game versions on NHL.com for the most part. Will watch most of this game I hope.

you probably answered that somewhere but how was he back in the cyclones. I assume you were watching ?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
you probably answered that somewhere but how was he back in the cyclones. I assume you were watching ?

He was outstanding. He won Rookie of the Year honors. I actually projected him to make the NHL and I told him so during a season ticket holder/players skate after a game:laugh: He was a very serious kid. His attitude reminded me of David Desharnais when he was here. Desharnais ended up playing in the NHL for 8 years or so.

He was strong on his skates and very shifty when he had the puck. Good passing vision. Played a pretty hard-nosed game for a smaller guy (though he is built very sturdily) with 40 PIM in 44 games. Very good in the corners as well.

He's 28 years old and I don't have any illusions of him being a dominant player in the NHL. I would think that he'll probably fit as a PKer and bottom 6er who could play up in the line up if the need presents itself. I just want to see him get an ample opportunity to show if he's NHL material. My fingers are crossed.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He was outstanding. He won Rookie of the Year honors. I actually projected him to make the NHL and I told him so during a season ticket holder/players skate after a game:laugh: He was a very serious kid. His attitude reminded me of David Desharnais when he was here. Desharnais ended up playing in the NHL for 8 years or so.

He was strong on his skates and very shifty when he had the puck. Good passing vision. Played a pretty hard-nosed game for a smaller guy (though he is built very sturdily) with 40 PIM in 44 games. Very good in the corners as well.

He's 28 years old and I don't have any illusions of him being a dominant player in the NHL. I would think that he'll probably fit as a PKer and bottom 6er who could play up in the line up if the need presents itself. I just want to see him get an ample opportunity to show if he's NHL material. My fingers are crossed.
Danforth was very good athough not TOP in KHL. Tedenby -- Danforth -- Daugavins line was one of the best. Justin worked hard. I wish him the 1th goal he deserves it.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Danforth was very good athough not TOP in KHL. Tedenby -- Danforth -- Daugavins line was one of the best. Justin worked hard. I wish him the 1th goal he deserves it.
I recall him being a very hard worker as well.

I asked one of the Cyclones players who had once had a very short 2 game stay in the NHL (Jessie Schultz) about Danforth and he said that "he is very committed to becoming the best player he can be". Schultz once had a 37 goal season in the AHL, became the ECHL MVP and had a cup of coffee (2 games) in the NHL.

Reactions: CPTN71 and VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I recall him being a very hard worker as well.

I asked one of the Cyclones players who had once had a very short 2 game stay in the NHL (Jessie Schultz) about Danforth and he said that "he is very committed to becoming the best player he can be". Schultz once had a 37 goal season in the AHL, became the ECHL MVP and had a cup of coffee (2 games) in the NHL.
I didn't watch Vityaz's games regularly, actually especially when they played against Salavat Yulayev, my favourite KHL team, but it always seemed to me that he always tried to give 100%, fought for every puck, skated like a dynamo. And he was good in offense, creating chances. But as I say, even though he played great, he wasn't a TOP player. On the other hand, many TOP KHL players might not have made it in NHL because they weren't fighters. Example Vadim Shipachev.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Ok, I have to admit I don't dislike Elvis' new pads and glove/blocker like I thought I would.
I think because they have some dark blues in them - whereas Sanford's set up was all light blue.

Reactions: LJ7201

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I don't follow alot of pregame discussion, but a bit surprised that Boquist drew in for Carlsson rather than Bayruther. Was there any particular reason given or did Larsen just like Bayruther's play better?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Roslovic is 0+3 in 12 games, didn’t realize his stats were so bad

Bean should’ve scored one now to give Jack his fourth assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad