Inactive
Nikitin

Injured
Calvert, Horton, Jenner​

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
If the Blue Jackets get semi competent goaltending tonight, I think they win in a big way. You could tell they didn't really care for what happened last night.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Keys to the game:

Rimer announces all goals

More Jacket fans than Pens fans show up

The Jackets understand that forecheck doesn't mean 4 checks a night

Pittsburgh starts the second period believing they are still up 4-2 (hopefully they aren't)

Jackets believe the start of the second period is the start of the game

:help:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Looks like about 650 tickets left on the aftermarket sites, including ticket exchange. Of the 17000 plus sold, how many will be to Pens fan?

As for keys to the game:
-Of the 30 hits the Jackets were credited for last night, 3 or 4 were hits the rest were brush offs. Finish your checks. Also Jacket defensemen, don't lose the man in front of our goal, clear the front, make guys pay for being there.

-Play our game forecheck hard and make the defenseman uncomfortable, while turning over pucks. The return of DMac makes this more possible for the fourth line. Missing Jenner, and especially Calvert makes the forecheck less effective for 1 through 3.

-Keep shooting the puck. Last night the Jackets registered 39 shots. Get in Fleury's face, make it hard for him to make the save.

-Pens don't need anymore practice on the PP. Quit taking undisciplined penalties.

-Win the faceoff battle. Last night that went to the Pens, 54% to 46%.

-Goaltending must be sharp, should this be the first key?

No reason for the Jackets not to win if they play their game.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Keys to the game:

1) Do exactly what you did last night, except for 2, 3, 4.

2) Stay out of the box.

3) Always have sticks tied up in front of our goal.

4) Win the goalie battle.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Looks like about 650 tickets left on the aftermarket sites, including ticket exchange. Of the 17000 plus sold, how many will be to Pens fan?

As for keys to the game:
-Of the 30 hits the Jackets were credited for last night, 3 or 4 were hits the rest were brush offs. Finish your checks. Also Jacket defensemen, don't lose the man in front of our goal, clear the front, make guys pay for being there.

-Play our game forecheck hard and make the defenseman uncomfortable, while turning over pucks. The return of DMac makes this more possible for the fourth line. Missing Jenner, and especially Calvert makes the forecheck less effective for 1 through 3.

-Keep shooting the puck. Last night the Jackets registered 39 shots. Get in Fleury's face, make it hard for him to make the save.

-Pens don't need anymore practice on the PP. Quit taking undisciplined penalties.

-Win the faceoff battle. Last night that went to the Pens, 54% to 46%.

-Goaltending must be sharp, should this be the first key?

No reason for the Jackets not to win if they play their game.

I agree with the keys but not with the references to last nights game. We had Fleury heavily screened on lots of shots (that actually got through!). Unfortunately he stopped plenty of shots that were higher quality than the ones Bob let in.

Also our hitting was intense last night. Lots of bone crunchers. I think you guys just missed parts of the game or something.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I agree with the keys but not with the references to last nights game. We had Fleury heavily screened on lots of shots (that actually got through!). Unfortunately he stopped plenty of shots that were higher quality than the ones Bob let in.

Also our hitting was intense last night. Lots of bone crunchers. I think you guys just missed parts of the game or something.

I think the team will be more settled playing at home and getting the first regular season game in the books out of the way against the Penguins.

There were a few good hits like I said in earlier post. We need to jump on the loose pucks in front of Fleury and make them count. Lots of good shots last night. Need to get an edge on Fleury and make him uncomfortable. If that means starting a few scrums after the whistle, so be it. Pens game plan last night was shoot from everywhere. Our gameplan tonight should be take everything to the net, even if you don't have the puck, within reason.;)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
like doug said in other thread, we play like we did last night, we should be ok...just need to bury those early chances...

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

40%...but will seem like 80% because, unless we take early lead, they'll be twice as loud.

3-0 CBJ

Zatch88

Im stumbling spheres
Oct 20, 2011
Johnstown
Zatkoff is starting tonight and i guarantee he won't put up the performance Fleury did. Should be a good game. You guys played well last night and Fleury definitely won that one for us.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
What are the odds there are actually more Jackets fans at the arena than Pens fans? Not good.:help:

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Hope the players are as ready for round two as we are...
I want to see Pen jerseys leaving our arena halfway through the third!

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Hope the players are as ready for round two as we are...
I want to see Pen jerseys leaving our arena halfway through the third!

Personally, I'd rather see them never show up in the first place. That's probably a little unrealistic though...

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Dave Maetzold ‏@DMaetzMedia 1m
#CBJ fans.. The tv production trucks for both Ohio and Pittsburgh feeds lost power. We're working on it for you.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
WPT is still probably better than watching these untr00 quitters :shakehead

And I'm definitely watching Jose de Egypto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->