GDT: Game 13 | Columbus @ Los Angeles | 10:30 p.m. | FS-OH

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
What a f—- joke

I’m sure Robert will find a way to blame that one on Bob too I suppose?

Edit: ok, blame the penalty shot. Go ahead. Allllll aboard!
The third goal was on the CBJ.... the 4th was on Bob if one considers him a Vezina goalie ... You can spin it anyway you want but 4 goals on 24 or so shots demands some responsibility of the goalie...

That said, Korpisalo isn't much better giving up 4 goals a game too....

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Dallas on Tuesday is an automatic loss (a game less then 48 hours after being 3 time zones away? Thanks NHL), so the Jackets better win later today or the season is on the verge of being over before Thanksgiving (again).

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
God awful PP.
Top line invisible. (Atkinson where the hell are you?)
Stupid penalties. (I'm talking about you Werenski and Anderson.)
Too much dump and bumble style of play. Not enough consistency.

This team is better than this individually, as a group it seems not so much.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
How long will these disgusting, atrocious special teams be allowed to go on for? I mean, honestly. If we’re a top 10-12 team with bottom 5 special teams, how good could we be if we had even league average special teams?

How long will this ****ing monstrosity be allowed to continue? It’s NOT a personnel issue.
STABILITY!

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
The have zero creativity in scoring. No redirects or deflections (only in our own net). Half of the goals in this league scored like that right now, we are still out of trend. Old school!

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Also if no one read Captain take on PP, here it is, hillarious.

"We see a play there and we feel like we have to make it right away," said Foligno, who’s on the top unit. "It’s like, ‘No, just wait. It’ll come to you. Have a little confidence in your game.’ Right now on our power play, we all just feel like we need to ‘get that goal, get that goal,’ and you know what? We do. Let’s be honest. We need to score goals on the power play. Some of the best power plays are the simplest, Their skill allows them to make great plays within that structure, but it’s simple plays. It’s not rocket science. Trust me. It’s just, there are some guys who are used to scoring and it’s not going like that right now. So they’re getting a little frustrated, wanting to do things and be the hero. That eats away at your team game, and you’re seeing it on our power play a little bit. You’ve just got to pull back a little bit and let the game come to you."

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Also if no one read Captain take on PP, here it is, hillarious.

It also seems like they've just been coached to death. No creativity. When they get pressured by the PK, they should be able to occasionally find open guys. Instead they freak out like they can't execute what they practiced.

They also haven't tried to threaten with a down low or cross-crease pass in ages. It's pure umbrella with strong-side shooters.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
It’s sickening how perfectly fine this team is with being mediocre. Yes, the team but moreso the coaches. I see absolutely no urgency in changing up the gameplan, changing up the power play... etc. etc.

Torts seems to not mind having atrocious power play’s over the years.

Powerplay rankings of a team coached by Torts:

2017-2018: 30th (current)
2016-2017: 25th
2015-2016: 12th
2013-2014: 26th
2012-2013: 23rd
2011-2012: 23rd
2010-2011: 18th.

Since 2010, a Torts coached team has averaged a 22nd ranking in the league on the PP. Sickening. Absolutely sickening.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The have zero creativity in scoring. No redirects or deflections (only in our own net). Half of the goals in this league scored like that right now, we are still out of trend. Old school!

It feels odd to see tip-ins as a "new school" thing. It's been a staple for decades. Either way, prior to tonight, the Jackets were leading the league in even-strength goals, so I'm not going to complain about that.

Edit: Even after tonight, Jackets still leading the league in ES scoring. Feels weird man.

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
So for you advanced stat guys does anyone track wide of net missed shots? Damned it we don't seem to have more than our share.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
It feels odd to see tip-ins as a "new school" thing. It's been a staple for decades. Either way, prior to tonight, the Jackets were leading the league in even-strength goals, so I'm not going to complain about that.
How many of those were deliberate deflections and tip ins? Zero.

Edit: Even after tonight, Jackets still leading the league in ES scoring. Feels weird man.

October is high in scoring + faced only 2 top 10 teams on whole month. Carolina led the league in ES scoring too with absolute shit Special teams, and it finally sinked them. You won't go anywhere with bottom 3 special teams

Reactions: Fairwhether

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
A competent power play makes a world of a difference.
The CBJ are scoring 3.7 goals a game, 4th in the league.... except when they're not as tonight. Power play or not how many goals do you expect them score every night? 5? 6?

The Blue Jackets are giving up to many goals regardless of names....

Watch Rickard Rakell tomorrow...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad