GDT: Game 13: Anaheim Ducks Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | Playing Better Edition

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
GThatsall folksCERT.gif

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Is Stone still killing it for you guys in Vegas?

Brannstrom has looked decent in Ottawa. He might get sent back down to the AHL as there is more upside to his game than he is showing but he is at least holding his own in the NHL.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Roy better keep putting points up or they'll scratch him for some reason.

Glass and Roy look capable and that they have tools to be good future centers for us and they should be playing and developing that. Sustained success.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Roy better keep putting points up or they'll scratch him for some reason.

Glass and Roy look capable and that they have tools to be good future centers for us and they should be playing and developing that. Sustained success.
But :clap: he :clap:should :clap:be :clap:playing :clap:center

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Is Stone still killing it for you guys in Vegas?

Brannstrom has looked decent in Ottawa. He might get sent back down to the AHL as there is more upside to his game than he is showing but he is at least holding his own in the NHL.
Better even.

If it makes you feel better, Gallant is trying to make a first line center out of Cody Glass by incubating him on a third line wing spot. If it were up to me he'd be getting first line AHL minutes getting developed in the role he's supposed to play but everyone seems to think talented enough for the NHL=can't learn or grown in the AHL.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Preaching to the choir here, I'm willing to trade Stastny to give him his opportunity hahaha.
I'm just in a microscopic minority of people who would be okay with him going back to the AHL (without some need to trade Stastny cause who knows what return we'd get). I know Turk rolls lines better than most NHL coaches and Glass is getting pretty decent minutes, but it's minutes playing with sub-optimal partners on his off position. And maybe it's just me but his confidence looks like it's slipping.

I've started to develop this problem with the crowd that thinks Glass can't learn anything from the AHL. You know, Cody was productive in his brief AHL stint, I'll give him that but he didn't exactly take over games. He was still adjusting to the jump from juniors to pros. And he's still doing that today. I really don't think it would be some huge stall or stagnation for him to learn how to take over games in juniors. He has the talent for it but he's not getting much use from a struggling Pirri, a struggling Eakin, or a career streaky scorer in Nosek. Part of being a good playmaker is dishing it to guys who can convert. If he's anchored to guys who aren't converting then his talents that are keeping him in the NHL aren't being utilized and he's not being developed in the role he's supposed to play. Isn't it better to have the kid learn how to be a gamebreaker every time he hits the ice in the position he was meant to play even if the competition is a bit weaker?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
But to get away from my compulsory gameday Glass bitching,

SHARKS LOST BY THE SAME SCORE TO OTTAWA AHAHAHAHA

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm just in a microscopic minority of people who would be okay with him going back to the AHL (without some need to trade Stastny cause who knows what return we'd get). I know Turk rolls lines better than most NHL coaches and Glass is getting pretty decent minutes, but it's minutes playing with sub-optimal partners on his off position. And maybe it's just me but his confidence looks like it's slipping.

I've started to develop this problem with the crowd that thinks Glass can't learn anything from the AHL. You know, Cody was productive in his brief AHL stint, I'll give him that but he didn't exactly take over games. He was still adjusting to the jump from juniors to pros. And he's still doing that today. I really don't think it would be some huge stall or stagnation for him to learn how to take over games in juniors. He has the talent for it but he's not getting much use from a struggling Pirri, a struggling Eakin, or a career streaky scorer in Nosek. Part of being a good playmaker is dishing it to guys who can convert. If he's anchored to guys who aren't converting then his talents that are keeping him in the NHL aren't being utilized and he's not being developed in the role he's supposed to play. Isn't it better to have the kid learn how to be a gamebreaker every time he hits the ice in the position he was meant to play even if the competition is a bit weaker?

I don't know about his confidence being down, he hit a behind the back pass at our own blue line to get Holden loose but he's Holden and not Theodore so the defense quickly surrounded him.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I don't know how many of you remember but I was one of the few people who was nervous about trading for Karlsson and what it would cost. I don't think I was wrong. He hasn't been the same since the ankle injury. I too am glad we dodged that bullet in terms of what it would cost us.

Thank God they didn't give up Glass or Hague for EK like a couple of people wanted to do.

Reactions: Vegas07 and HanSolo

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Thank God they didn't give up Glass or Hague for EK like a couple of people wanted to do.

I don't think anyone was willing to give up Glass but Hague, if we could have signed him for 9M, maybe. He isn't as bad as today.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think I would rather have a different defenseman, yes. I'm just saying at the time.
Even at the time I thought it was a mistake regardless of what we would've gotten him signed for. But my hockey philosophy encompasses a belief that defense is far more important to a defenseman than offense. Karlsson is a tremendous offensive talent but he was never an elite defender and these days with a f***ed up ankle he's not even a competent defender anymore. Still a great offensive talent. One of the best who ever played the position, but this team should not have invested that kind of money and mortaged what few prospects they had left for 50-70 points from the blueline if he was gonna be a defensive liability.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know about his confidence being down, he hit a behind the back pass at our own blue line to get Holden loose but he's Holden and not Theodore so the defense quickly surrounded him.

Low confidence does not equate to being crippled on the ice. He just seems to be more hesitant to make passes and take shots. His defensive effort is still there but he looks...okay maybe it's not confidence being down but I wouldn't doubt if he doesn't have trust in the execution ability of his linemates. He doesn't look like he trusts them to make the right play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad