GDT: Game 12: The Wild Vs Father Time, and the Avs | 6:00pm MT | October 27th 2018

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I am a bottle of vodka in. Let's hope I find distraction prior to the game. Or that my condition, as it were, rubs off on the Wild.
Or both, you know.
Probably both.

Reactions: StayPuft39

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
The Avalanche also played 11 back-to-back games last season, finishing 5-3-3 in the first game and 3-8-0 in the second.

Not a stat I like to read RIP.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
The Avalanche also played 11 back-to-back games last season, finishing 5-3-3 in the first game and 3-8-0 in the second.

Not a stat I like to read RIP.
Will-Smith-Get-Out.gif

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Dqf6zgyVsAATH38.jpg:large

:avs
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Andrighetto - Kerfoot - Wilson
Nieto - Soderberg - Calvert
Dano - Jost - Bourque

Girard - Johnson
Cole - Barrie
Zadorov - Nemeth

Varlamov
Grubauer

:wild
Zucker - Staal - Nino
Parise- Koivu - Grandlund
Greenway - Coyle - Read
Foligno - Fehr - Brown

Suter - Dumba
Brodin - Spurgeon
Seeler - Pateyrn
Dubnyk
Stalock

Lineups Unconfirmed. I just grabbed from each teams last game.

Highlights from Previous Matchup

FYI you have the wrong date for the game in the title. Almost threw me off. The game is today, the 27th not the 28th.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Macks line is coming off of 30 minutes of domination. They're going to come out flying. You don't say you're the best line in the LEAGUE and then show up and play bad. They are going to prove they are the best line in the LEAGUE. Ballsy move by Landy.

Yes and no. While I do think he 100% meant it, how else was he supposed to answer that question? Lol

With their stat line, when asked in front of a fired up crowd after a pretty dominant come from behind win (if that’s even a thing?) he can't exactly say “no, we aren’t the best line in hockey”.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
These Saturday night games against the Wild really make or break my night. Win and I'm cloud 9. Lose and I'll probably break something.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yes and no. While I do think he 100% meant it, how else was he supposed to answer that question? Lol

With their stat line, when asked in front of a fired up crowd after a pretty dominant come from behind win (if that’s even a thing?) he can't exactly say “no, we aren’t the best line in hockey”.
I was actually surprised he said that to be honest. It's kind of a big deal. He's gonna take a lot of shit from other players over it, and if they don't perform it's going to look bad. I'm surprised he didn't just give the typical hockey answer "we're really feeling it right now and things have been great blah blah blah".

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Loss here wont upset me too much, just give it a good fight whatever energy they have playing back to back

Jixer19

Dec 19, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
Only lost twice according to Peter... I guess OT/SO losses aren't losses?

On that note, lets get 2 more points and move into first in the NHL (yes I know it is early, still nice to see)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'm not expecting a win tonight because of the shitty schedule (back to back games when it's one at home and the 2nd one on the road are the absolute worst) and also the adrenalin dump from yesterday...but if they win I'll be very excited. We play more games than anyone these days so it's nice to get the points, they'll come after us later with their games in hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad