GDT: Game 12: Russia Vs United States | 1PM EST 7PM CET | USA 3 - 1 RUS

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Not really thrilled with the USA game, except their defensive work and Knight. Benefited from 2 lucky goals.

The victory, and the way they closed out the win, should be a big boost for their confidence though. Expecting much more from this team. Caulfield and Turcotte have been invisible.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Fun game to watch from an outsider perspective.

I think this guarantees the US a Quarterfinal. They have tiebreakers over Russia and Germany. They should move on.

Russia is not guaranteed a quarter ... yet. If the German's beat them in regulation, they'll be out. I know that is a longshot but German powerplay is really good and their penalty good is very good as well. They'll have to survive at 5 on 5. Russians also have a goalie controversy now as I don't know who they should start.

I think Canada is well setup to win the pool now. Again, a longshot, but imagine if Canada wins pool and Russia doesn't make quarters?

Obviously, most likely scenario, has the Czechs playing Kazakhstan for relegation but the tournament now has a lot more drama!

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
iu

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Don't think the US has found their game yet, gonna tune in on the Germany Russia game lots at stake should be a banger

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This group is fun. Imagine Czechs go and beat the states tomorrow.
Highly doubtful! But anything is possible this year!
Every scrum and blocked shot gave me hope... they've qualified (I think)... maybe they'll mail it in?lol

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Caufield, yes. Turcotte, no.

One kept plays alive with some ruthless puck retrieval and smart reads, and one fumbled pucks consistently while standing around waiting to get fed.
He had one super hard fore check I remember. That's about it, I expect him to do more than just grind. Hes a top 5 draft pick for God's sake. He should be dominating not a hustle player not doing anything else.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
i have a feeling Russia will take Germany apart.
Regardless how good deutschland looked.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Every scrum and blocked shot gave me hope... they've qualified (I think)... maybe they'll mail it in?lol

USA could theoretically be eliminated if everyone finished 2-2 and USA had the worst goal differential. Pretty 1 in a million scenario to get there though.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Not really thrilled with the USA game, except their defensive work and Knight. Benefited from 2 lucky goals.

The victory, and the way they closed out the win, should be a big boost for their confidence though. Expecting much more from this team. Caulfield and Turcotte have been invisible.
Part of that defensive effort you just mentioned is why Turcotte is in the team.. it’s not always about scoring bud

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Part of that defensive effort you just mentioned is why Turcotte is in the team.. it’s not always about scoring bud
As a top 5 pick I would hope you bring something more than a couple forechecks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->