GDT: GAME #12: LEAFS vs FLAMES | Scoatiabank Arena @ 7PM ET | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
2 spare D and no spare F. Interesting but ok.

Jonhsson slides in up front, don't see the issue although I kind wanted to see Marchment get a game at some point. With that being said, the 4th line has been pretty good so I guess why bother?

4 of the next 5 games are at home over the next two-ish weeks, so there's not urgency to call someone up (the Marlies are also not playing much so they will be available if needed). It also basically gives Johnsson and Ennis a vote of confidence from Babs saying that here's your chance to get some regular time in. They have the opportunity (as Babs likes to say) to make a case for a regular spot.

Guaranteed they will call someone up around next Thursday/Friday as they play in Boston on the Saturday before flying out west for their Pacific Coast trip the following week. From there they'll have 6 of 7 games on the road.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Mike Smith better not turn into a wall tonight
Get him off his game, Kappy should troll him about his hair all night :sarcasm:

yWE050P.png

Reactions: tom leafers

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marner stepped up big in Matthews' absence last year. Gonna be interesting to see how he does this go-around.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Seems to be a reliable byproduct of any player playing beside Marner. Kadri is about to break out and rise to the occasion.
I really hope so. Kadri and Marleau should benefit from playing with Marner.

Kapanen is playing great and playing with Tavares, hopefully he won't skip a beat.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
You guys are playing against mike smith lol. Get a bunch of shots from the point, and you'll win no problem with how he flops around....

We're screwed :(

Leafs aren't known for shots from the point

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
hope we we light up there sad team tonight, Pitts got 9, lets go out and try to get 10! without our 1C go leafs go!

HoBOonFiRE

Nov 8, 2009
Oshawa
Leafs aren't known for shots from the point
I think it was last wednesday when I was browsing around the jets board and many of them reiterated that all the leafs do is try point shots and deflections.

I know back a couple years I noticed it alot especially heading into the series against the Caps.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
This game sets the tone for AM34's absence. We cannot show up like the lame duck team that played the Blues.

If anything, I hope we get more pucks at the net. Without Matthews and Willie the secondary group if guys are in a great spot to show they are ready to contribute.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Lines looks pretty good without Matthews and Nylander. The top two lines still look good.

The third line is the big question mark. Can Lindholm play #3 center and not look out of place? Can Johnsson play like he did at the end of last year? If that third line can't cut it, I think it might end up being our 4th line ... since our current Ennis - GOAT - Leivo line has looked solid for a while now. I'm cautiously optimistic about that 3rd line. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klinton

Klinton

Feb 6, 2017
Thank goodness for centre depth. Leafs have to take Calgary seriously as they play top teams tough. 3-1 leafs in a close checking game. Kadri with the winner.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Alright Leivo, Brown, Johnsson, time to show what you've got!

I don't expect much of anything from Lindholm, Gauthier, Ennis, but if those 3 want to be here long term, now is the time to show something.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Just took a look.

I legitimately did not know that Flames fans had the same complex as Canucks/Oilers/Jets fans. For some reason I didn't think Calgary gave a **** about Toronto. I was wrong.
IMO they're still not nearly as bad. Calgarians seem pretty chill compared to people from Vancouver and Edmonton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad