Goal-Day Thread Game 11: Ottawa Senators @ Arizona Coyotes | 7pm | FS-A

After the game will the Coyotes be over .500 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Looking forward to seeing what Strome can do on the 4th line with his 10:39 of ice time.

Good news: He will score!

Bad news: it will be a trash goal. That's OK. The bad news is it will be the lone consolation goal in a Senators blow-out win...:whaaa?:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Alright, let's go Yotes! Important to get a W in this game and give it their all. I would like to see Strome get a couple points (while we are on the topic) and even more so to see Gally get his first G on the Yotes to break the seal!

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Time for Strome to prove he deserves more. Chucky took his top 6 spot and the bottom 6 guys are all contributing in multiple ways, where Dylan is quite limited.

More and more appears there is no spot on this team for Strome, unless there are injuries.

Yes, all of our forwards have elite passing talent like strome and the ability to win faceoffs. We're just stacked with those kinds of players. Now, I'm not saying Strome is good, or that he's our best player. But we're not taking advantage of his skills at all.

I would rather have him than Archibald or Panik in any role on this team. We've seen before that when you stick him with good players he produces. What was that run last year, a PPG in 10 games? (8 points in 10 games after i looked it up) Yes he has his faults. Yes he is quite possibly the slowest damn player in the NHL. He still manages to be decent defensively thanks to some of the best awareness on the ice in the NHL and when put with people who can finish, is also decent defensively. Plus he wins faceoffs, and is still on his ELC.

Shit, i'd almost rather have him than Cousins on our roster. He should, at minimum, be given a chance to use his skills properly. We've seen that happen approx. once this year, and he did produce. Personally I'm perfectly willing to accept that Strome is a bust and will never live up to his draft year hype. That really sucks. But i'd still take him over players who can barely score or defend and are barely useful on the ice at all. EG - Archibald. At minimum he wins faceoffs and is decent defensively. At best he currently should slot in extremely well on the PP and function as an additional Derek Stepan late in the game. Either one of those situations I'm perfectly fine with.

We have the opportunity to sign him to another stupidly low contract (currently Performance bonuses make up the rest of his contract, which it seems possible, if not likely that he'll hit all of them) on a young player who has potential to grow, versus what, trading him for a bag of pucks? If someone wants to give us value for him, then by all means, but I highly doubt anyone in the league will be willing to do that.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Got a freebie tonight.

Text me if you want it 480 356 1808. First come first serve. Meet me at the stadium :)

Edit if you want it, text me and I’ll trxt it back

Last edited:
Reactions: lanky

DoanStopBelievin

Oct 6, 2017
Yes, all of our forwards have elite passing talent like strome and the ability to win faceoffs. We're just stacked with those kinds of players. Now, I'm not saying Strome is good, or that he's our best player. But we're not taking advantage of his skills at all.

I would rather have him than Archibald or Panik in any role on this team. We've seen before that when you stick him with good players he produces. What was that run last year, a PPG in 10 games? (8 points in 10 games after i looked it up) Yes he has his faults. Yes he is quite possibly the slowest damn player in the NHL. He still manages to be decent defensively thanks to some of the best awareness on the ice in the NHL and when put with people who can finish, is also decent defensively. Plus he wins faceoffs, and is still on his ELC.

****, i'd almost rather have him than Cousins on our roster. He should, at minimum, be given a chance to use his skills properly. We've seen that happen approx. once this year, and he did produce. Personally I'm perfectly willing to accept that Strome is a bust and will never live up to his draft year hype. That really sucks. But i'd still take him over players who can barely score or defend and are barely useful on the ice at all. EG - Archibald. At minimum he wins faceoffs and is decent defensively. At best he currently should slot in extremely well on the PP and function as an additional Derek Stepan late in the game. Either one of those situations I'm perfectly fine with.

We have the opportunity to sign him to another stupidly low contract (currently Performance bonuses make up the rest of his contract, which it seems possible, if not likely that he'll hit all of them) on a young player who has potential to grow, versus what, trading him for a bag of pucks? If someone wants to give us value for him, then by all means, but I highly doubt anyone in the league will be willing to do that.
This

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Isles fan coming in peace. Just want to know who's in net for you guys tonight? I have Darcy in my pool

Phatastic

Oct 17, 2018
This is my latest obsession: looking at how full the ticket map looks, then seeing how empty it looks during the game. This is right now:

upload_2018-10-30_18-38-8.jpeg

upload_2018-10-30_18-38-35.jpeg

Reactions: CC96

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Keen to see Lubby hit some Sens. Nice for Strome to have Crouse, at least.

Cousins can shoot a bit, but he hasn't shown it much this season in terms of quality shots.
Also I think he's scored most of his when he's creating his own shots and not really receiving passes on one timers and such.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
KConn the unlucky recipient of Raanta Flu :laugh:

edit: Is Deadpool driving the f***ing Zamboni?

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
I know maybe he hasn’t “earned it”, and I’m probably beating a dead horse, but I’d love to see what Strome could do on this 3rd line with Grabner and Hinostroza. Would Strome slow them down too much, or could we could see more assists from him?
I do think it can send the wrong message to set up a kid with top linemates just because he was a 3OA if he hasn't earned it.

I'm just glad he's in the line up, because there's absolutely no reason he should be sitting in favor of Archibald.

Reactions: Jakey53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad