sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
9 penalties against Kazakstan :help:

giphy (4).gif

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Really disgusting how much penalties Finland is taking! Relentless slashing and chopping on hands. Every penalty has been definitely well deserved. This can’t be the kind of hockey that Helminen wants his team to play. But why can’t he control his players better?

Last edited:

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I'm sorry but I know a lot of Leaf fans might have already asked but how is Kokkonen playing? Where is he slotted in the lineup (1st,2nd or 3rd pairing)? Does he play on the PP/PK (and if so is he on the 1st or 2nd line)?

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
QF exit coming. Raipe is absolutely clueless how he plays the forwards and the powerplay. Annunen needs to make 50 saves if we want to win.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
To be fair, there were some really questionable penalties called. Maybe it's just that I watched on a small screen, but on the Heinola tripping the Kazakh tripped on the net, then there was another tripping where the player seemed to actually fall on his own, and on the Räty slashing I did not see contact with the Kazakh's hands, although it was impossible to see that from the referee's perspective. Still, way too many penalties taken, and it doesn't help when in the coming games you actually have to defend well, since you can't just expect to outskate almost everyone on the opposing team.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I'm sorry but I know a lot of Leaf fans might have already asked but how is Kokkonen playing? Where is he slotted in the lineup (1st,2nd or 3rd pairing)? Does he play on the PP/PK (and if so is he on the 1st or 2nd line)?

Other than having 2 goals and 2 penalty minutes, he's been highly unnoticeable. Which in this context is actually a good thing.

Our D pairings are a bit weird, since our coach, Raipe, insists on rolling 4 pairs every game. Don't think Kokkonen has been on any of the PP units.

Reactions: Ippenator

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Good win but not so good game.
7 goals vs Kazakhstan is good thing but those 9 idiotic penalties are absolutely too much.

Some point that nondisciplinary game will kick back
and then Finland starts losing more than winning more.

If coaching staff really can't handle players and limit those penalties
and keep some discipline in the team then they are wrong job.

9 penalties against even weak Kazakhstan is absolutely too much.
Finland can't win even Switzerland or quarterfinal if they really sit that much into penalty-box.
So it's not a secret Finland really needs to start stay out of penalty-box.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Yes, way too many penalties. Also, they are coasting through too many games, meanwhile there's a war in the other group stage. This team will be in for a nasty surprise in the quarters. As we are already without two best centers, yes, only a goaltending miracle can make this team advance to semis.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
It seems weird that the Finns sent out a n00b.. the last time i noticed something iffy was back when Helminen was outed from the squad.. guess that, he's here again. Only Finns could be stupid enough to do this, that's for sure

MoeTheHobo

Jan 24, 2017
It's fine, next year J. Jalonen will be back as coach and after that Marjamäki, the circle is eternal

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
QF exit coming. Raipe is absolutely clueless how he plays the forwards and the powerplay. Annunen needs to make 50 saves if we want to win.
Ruutu plays the forwards and was it Hämäläinen in charge of PP. I might be wrong too tho.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Something I've been wondering is why Tanus has never been drafted. To me he always looks better than numerous high draft picks, and his individual skill and hockey IQ are amongst the highest on the team.

Then there's guys like Saarela who's never impressed me at all and who's always made me wonder why he's so highly touted.

Size. It doesn’t help either that he’s European.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad