GDT: Game 11 | Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings | 2:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Passing up St. Louis feels soooooo good.

Blues are up 3-1 end of the first....

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
St. Louis essentially took Anaheim's spot as the goony, tough team of the West. We stopped hating one, and resumed our hate for the other. :nod:

Chevrier

Mar 4, 2011
Toronto
Andersson's stat line looked impressive for a guy who logged only over 7 minutes. 3 SOG - 2 hits, 1 BS ...

How did he look?

The late penalty on Zetterberg with the hooking coming off the wall looked a result of an Andersson play but he has nothing to do with it if by chance they show it during a highlight package. He played well, he did was called up for, to provide some size and a bit more snarl against an injured EDM corps.

Made a mistake or two, one of which wasn't very nice, but seemed to break even with every other shift looking good. Couple hits, a nice block, nothing that would blow you away but repsectable for bottom line mins and first call up during 12-13 season.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Is this the 1st time our special units outplayed the opponent's?
We went 2 for 6, they 1 for 6.
It was a close game nothing was given 5 on 5. There was maybe 2-3 real good scoring chances.

They used to say, a Dman plays well if you do not notice him. Was any Dman noticed last night? Maybe Kronwall because of his great goal, but that's good.

Kronwall
I do not know what you expect from him. He is top 5/10 in points among Dmen in the league.

Quincey
He actually leads the team in +/-. I do no think he was bad lately.

lazerbullet

May 22, 2009
Europe
They used to say, a Dman plays well if you do not notice him. Was any Dman noticed last night? Maybe Kronwall because of his great goal, but that's good.

Kronwall
I do not know what you expect from him. He is top 5/10 in points among Dmen in the league.

Quincey
He actually leads the team in +/-. I do no think he was bad lately.

Just after the game I realized that I didn't notice Quincey at all. Figured that it's pretty good then, until I saw his TOI...

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Would be chocked if he's a top12 forward to start the year, but extra player is likely. Wings could need some size and net presence among all those other 6 feet forwards on the bottom six.

If Andersson isn't starting, though, I think he'll just be stashed in GR. I'm an advocate for moving kids up and putting them on the third and fourth lines just to get them into the lineup and start moving up the depth chart, but I'd rather have Miller or Eaves sitting in the pressbox while the kid gets 20 mins a night in GR.

If there's a long term injury, though, I'd consider just hauling him up from GR and letting whoever is in the pressbox stay there.

He played the least of all Dmen. I hope he and Babcock figure out his game.

I think Q has trouble with speed. Quincey gets tangled up in his own feet so easily, it just makes it worse when playing a team like Edmonton. I'm not sure Babcock wants to bench him, but starting Huskins instead might be an option against such teams.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Kronwall

Kronwall has been on the ice for like 14 of the past 20 goals against. Scoring points is nice but it's pretty much guaranteed to happen because he will get so much IT with Pavs and Z's line both at ES and on the PP. However he's not good in his own zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad