GDT: Game 11 | Edmonton Oilers @ Detroit Red Wings | 2:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'd contemplate using Helm on the 2nd unit when he's back. At least he can enter the zone.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Kronner scored his first goal before Weber. I don't know how but he did. Kronner for the Norris.:sarcasm:

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It's really a shame that Andersson and Tatar will be back in GR soon while we're saddled with the dead weight that is Cleary, Sammy and to a lesser extent Bertuzzi.

PensFan6687

Mar 15, 2009
Andersson's stat line looked impressive for a guy who logged only over 7 minutes. 3 SOG - 2 hits, 1 BS ...

How did he look?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Do you think Jimmy fed off Mrazek's outing? I think he did. Looked like old Jimmy out there.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
1st PP unit had a great game. The 2nd PP unit can't even enter the offensive zone :laugh:

I especially noticed today how little Edmonton's pk respected the 2nd unit. They pressured the 2nd unit like crazy knowing that there's no Datsyuk or Zetterberg to make a great or patient play on the puck. Even when the 2nd unit has the puck in the offensive zone, teams are going to continue to pressure them until they prove they can score.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Pretty sure Mickey just has an IV of vodka plugged into his arms during a broadcast.

Post game, talking about Datsyuk: "He is without a doubt, arguably to some, the best player in the NHL right now."

:laugh::laugh: He's really been ramping up the unintentional comedy this season. It was the "pickin' cherries, no pun intended" last game and now this. Hilarious.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Andersson's stat line looked impressive for a guy who logged only over 7 minutes. 3 SOG - 2 hits, 1 BS ...

How did he look?

I thought he looked terrible, personally. Fumbled around with the puck and took a bad penalty.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Passing up St. Louis feels soooooo good.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

How did he look?

He was ok. Also won 75% of his FOs. He did what was expected from him as far as play along the boards and in front of the net. Didn't get much PK time, could be due to the one penalty he took. He'll be a bottom 6 forward and that's exactly the type of game he's supposed to play. Like Cory Emmerton I think he'll show improvement as he gets more IT. Doubt he plays much this year but I think Detroit is forced to keep him up next year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He was ok. Also won 75% of his FOs. He did what was expected from him as far as play along the boards and in front of the net. Didn't get much PK time, could be due to the one penalty he took. He'll be a bottom 6 forward and that's exactly the type of game he's supposed to play. Like Cory Emmerton I think he'll show improvement as he gets more IT. Doubt he plays much this year but I think Detroit is forced to keep him up next year.

I liked what I saw, too. He hustled, he worked hard along the boards. not sure how we find room for him on next year's roster, though. Re-sign Flip and Brunner, promote Tatar and Nyquist, and you're bumping against the roster limit.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I liked what I saw, too. He hustled, he worked hard along the boards. not sure how we find room for him on next year's roster, though. Re-sign Flip and Brunner, promote Tatar and Nyquist, and you're bumping against the roster limit.

Would be chocked if he's a top12 forward to start the year, but extra player is likely. Wings could need some size and net presence among all those other 6 feet forwards on the bottom six.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->