GDT: Game 11 - Chicago Blackhawks @ Raffi Torres

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I will never forget that one. I was actually there at the Job that game. I feel like we had a legitimate chance at winning the cup that year, had we gotten past the wings.

I'm happy to say I drank enough to barely remember anything past the first period of that disaster.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tipp sounded pissed at the presser... Not that I expected different, I guess, but he took a shot at Doan and Yandle there at the end.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Well Tippett lit up Doan and Yandle in the press conference for their Unsportsman penalties while supposedly being the captains.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Im getting really tired of yandle and morris' temper tantrums that either give the other team a 5 on 3 or a powerplay with 5 minutes to go. They do this virtually every game, twice a game, without exception. They need to benched and or scratched by Tippett for a game or two before they get it through their thick skulls that the constant nonsensical penalties are selfish and unacceptable.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd be afraid for my life if I'm furniture in Tippett's office right about now. He was not a happy man.

Howler Scores

Mar 13, 2011
Maricopa County
Tres unos stats:)...one goal right? This is what you get with smith great with some terrible mixed in. Chicago hasn't lost all year and has done this to everyone. Time to avenge the failure at san jose

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Just got back. Before I comment on the thing I heard while standing in line to enter the arena, just some comments.

TERRIBLE PENALTIES!!! When will they stop? Be disciplined! Don't give the other team chances they don't deserve. Good god.

Smith should have stopped a couple that went in, but it is what it is. Our team just didn't play well at all. Terrible performance, terrible outcome, just terrible in general.

As far as why I'm so mad, is standing in line to enter the arena, I have 2 couples in front of me, all of them Blackhawk fans. One of them turns around and says, and I quote, "They wonder why their team won't be here anymore."

I'm sorry, but if you are a hockey fan of another team only showing up for your team, you can go **** yourself. I'm tired of people flaunting the issue of the Coyotes possibly moving. I can handle it on these boards, because those people might not live here. But someone that lives down here in the valley to taunt the home team, give me a ****in break. I almost wanted to comment on how they would see their beloved Blackhawks if the Coyotes left, but I just stood there and half smiled.

God, so mad. The games outcome on top of listening to crap like that from people that live here in the valley. **** it.

TeamTourigny

Formally TeamTurris & TeamTippet & TeamTocchet
Jan 16, 2007
Vegas
Just got back. Before I comment on the thing I heard while standing in line to enter the arena, just some comments.

TERRIBLE PENALTIES!!! When will they stop? Be disciplined! Don't give the other team chances they don't deserve. Good god.

Smith should have stopped a couple that went in, but it is what it is. Our team just didn't play well at all. Terrible performance, terrible outcome, just terrible in general.

As far as why I'm so mad, is standing in line to enter the arena, I have 2 couples in front of me, all of them Blackhawk fans. One of them turns around and says, and I quote, "They wonder why their team won't be here anymore."

I'm sorry, but if you are a hockey fan of another team only showing up for your team, you can go **** yourself. I'm tired of people flaunting the issue of the Coyotes possibly moving. I can handle it on these boards, because those people might not live here. But someone that lives down here in the valley to taunt the home team, give me a ****in break. I almost wanted to comment on how they would see their beloved Blackhawks if the Coyotes left, but I just stood there and half smiled.

God, so mad. The games outcome on top of listening to crap like that from people that live here in the valley. **** it.

I had a 10 minute discussion with an alleged Valley Blackhawks fan that never heard of Chris Chellios.

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010

That is an interesting point you bring up. Why the F don't all of these damn hawk fans come to the coyotes games and support the hometown team? At least when the hawks are out of town. They live here in Phoenix, they like NHL hockey. I don't get it. Stubborn bandwagon ******. :rant:

/Rant

Edit: It's probly a good thing i dont live in AZ. I think i'd get in a fight or two with other teams fans taking relocation shots.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
how did summers look tonight?

He could not handle the size, strength, and speed of Stahlberg. He looked really bad every time that guy was his man. He also looked really great down low a couple of times and straight burried Kane at one point. Had some good pinches and some bad ones. It was an all over the map game for him on a really weird and awkward night all around. I feel bad for him, and really hope he gets another shot. I think he can be an asset.

Flying Chalupa

Jan 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
That is an interesting point you bring up. Why the F don't all of these damn hawk fans come to the coyotes games and support the hometown team? At least when the hawks are out of town. They live here in Phoenix, they like NHL hockey. I don't get it. Stubborn bandwagon ******. :rant:

/Rant

Edit: It's probly a good thing i dont live in AZ. I think i'd get in a fight or two with other teams fans taking relocation shots.

They aren't real hockey fans. Sure they might have jerseys and they'll come to the hawks games while the hawks are good, but they don't have a true love of the sport. I have come to believe that the great majority of northern city transplants that have come to phoenix aren't more than casual and/or bandwagon hockey fans. If they were we wouldn't have attendance issues at all.

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012

One good way to word it is to say "It's going to be a shame if you'll have to drive to Denver to catch a Black Hawks game next year".

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm not jumping off a cliff on account of this dog turd of a game. You get one or two of these a year, every year. It happens. Best to forget all about it and move on.

Mikkel Boedker is freaking awesome, this year, though. Korpikoski is playing with a ton of heart, too. Great effort by Gordon as well. Chipchura never slowed down. Played hard the whole time.

We need more out of Doan and Vermette right now. Smith and Yandle, too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad