Post-Game Talk: GAME #11: Canucks 4, Jets 1: The first win at the MTS in years

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Sens have beat some good teams this year, It's not Automatic.
Canucks could have easily laid an egg in 1 or 2 of those games.
Winning all 3 is impressive

The Sens have actually only beaten one good team this year, as they have only 1 win in 8 games.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Do you hate me for my Victoria Salsa jersey, too
Oh Lawdy, the Victoria Salsa.

We used to go to Salsa games and try to throw stuff (chips, coins, etc..) into the mascot's giant sombrero. Almost got into a fight with a man in a giant Jalapeno costume.

Nov 1, 2011
I don't quite know if I would go that far. Benn is playing a very simple game which works here but ideally I would like to see someone who can skate and has a bit more vision then Benn. (Ie Tanev).

Benn did fine he's just very limited offensively

Benn is making great stretch passes when he has time. The other team is so focused on stopping Hughes that Benn, who is smart enough to get open, is a good outlet when Hughes needs it.

One thing is clear, Benn is not going to be working a double pivot with Hughes, more like Methot and Karlsson where he stays back but is available as an outlet if needed.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
We saw the prime potential structure in gm 1.
Gms 2-8 - our bottom 6 kept us in games..
Gms 8-10 - our goaltending, PP and top line found confidence.
Gm 11 - it all came together....

Now THIS is the team I thought was gonna win the North..

Keep. It. Rolling...

Next up.. the French...

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
miller seems a bit frustrated and off since the ottawa series. maybe wait till he gets his legs going then the lotto line will fire on all cylinders. on pp unit one i like schmidt to move up in place of hughes or petey switch. opponents know hughes doesn't shoot , petey on the point ripping bombs will do wonders.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
miller seems a bit frustrated and off since the ottawa series. maybe wait till he gets his legs going then the lotto line will fire on all cylinders. on pp unit one i like schmidt to move up in place of hughes or petey switch. opponents know hughes doesn't shoot , petey on the point ripping bombs will do wonders.
Not sure what you were watching... But Hughes wound up 5-6 times tonight... He definitely shoots on the PP..

(don't go by stats... Since the shots he gets blocked or miss aren't counted as sog..)

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Not sure what you were watching... But Hughes wound up 5-6 times tonight... He definitely shoots on the PP..

(don't go by stats... Since the shots he gets blocked or miss aren't counted as sog..)

i didnt mean tonight the game overall. previous ones.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
i didnt mean tonight the game overall. previous ones.
Fair enough I guess...
But our prime PP options are...
Petty one timer.... from Hughes
Hughes one timer.. from Miller
Horvat one timer... from Boeser..
Miller decision making shot.. from Hughes.

It's been pretty regular..

Last edited:
Reactions: B-rock

mdobbs

Oct 21, 2010
This is one of the best performances I've seen from this team in a while, possibly including all of last year.

Made Winnipeg look bad

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What's happening in the vancouver canucks? my favorite 4 team with the avalanche, the rangers and the Flyers.

Dont desparate, you have a good team, the canadian division is really though this year.

After a rough start, we’ve rattled off some wins - the three against Ottawa were good for the team’s confidence, but this win against Winnipeg was easily the team’s best effort of the season, I think. Hopefully a sign of good things to come.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Oh Lawdy, the Victoria Salsa.

We used to go to Salsa games and try to throw stuff (chips, coins, etc..) into the mascot's giant sombrero. Almost got into a fight with a man in a giant Jalapeno costume.

PEPE

he use to have a full time bodyguard with him cause that Jalepeno took so much abuse
What an arena I miss the Memorial

Reactions: ziploc

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Hard to believe what I saw last night. Best game they've played this year. Basically 60-minute effort. Skated well, passing was sharp, converted on chances. And then the two big shockers of the season... outshot the opponent, significantly... and didn't fall back on the lead and turtle in da turd. Is this Travis Green's team? I really liked what I saw, regardless of the win. I'm just so pleasantly surprised, and as a Canucks fan I'm not sure what to do with this emotion.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Hard to believe what I saw last night. Best game they've played this year. Basically 60-minute effort. Skated well, passing was sharp, converted on chances. And then the two big shockers of the season... outshot the opponent, significantly... and didn't fall back on the lead and turtle in da turd. Is this Travis Green's team? I really liked what I saw, regardless of the win. I'm just so pleasantly surprised, and as a Canucks fan I'm not sure what to do with this emotion.
Moderate it.

Last nights performance was entertaining.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Best skater on the ice by a good margin to my eyes was Boeser. It’s pretty telling how far his game has come when Green has him out late in the game defending a two goal lead.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
First period was horrible and there's no way we should have been ahead.

Final 40 minutes was by far the team's most organized, cohesive effort this season.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver

Huh? Hughes shoots a lot on the power play. It just often gets blocked, or tipped wide, etc. I definitely don’t want to take our most creative offensive player off the first unit power play.

Reactions: B-rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->