PGT: Game 10: United States 8 - Kazakhstan 2

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Agreed. Beating them on Canadian ice is always tremendous. Especially in the Final.
Often in sport, hating your opponent means that they respect the quality and the threat that they bring, and USA hockey has produced great teams. You are right though winning in your opponent's home is icing on the cake

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Quinn Hughes is just unreal. Completely controls the game, a true gamechanger on the backend. Best natural talent I've seen thus far in the entire tournament.

Thought Tyler Madden was very impressive and with J. Hughes out looked like the most skilled forward on the team. Has it all.

Jason Robertson is so smart and really showing his playmaking thus far, really solid player.

Farabee/Wahlstrom woke up for this game. Poehling with a beautiful individual play for his goal.

Thought Primeau had no chance on the 2 goals, didn't see a lot of action.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Wow, Wahlstrom with 4th line minutes? I figured he'd get demoted but not that quickly.

Farabee looked very good however and stepped up.

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
U.S. applied constant pressure the whole game. Wasn't a total Picasso but I thought the team did a lot of things well and you could see some of the talent come out. Big game against Sweden today.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Yeah neither of those goals were Primeau's fault
Hard to fault the goalie on any breakaway goal, but he didn't look ready, much like his defensemen. He overplayed the puck on the 2nd, and didn't cover or clear the loose puck. He let a cleared puck slide by the net thinking it was icing when the Kazakh forward had obviously negated it. He seemed to be fighting the puck all night.

Maybe be just had a bad night. I don't know. You can't wait for a goalie to "find his game" in this tournament.

In what circumstances would you play him again?

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I love this type of post. Invent a situation to rail against the invented situation.

Not everyone cheers for the US, deal with it
The anti-Americanism of Canadian WJC crowds is obvious.

I take it as grudging respect. They recognize the foremost threat to Canadian hockey dominance, and act accordingly. We understand. Carry on.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Hard to fault the goalie on any breakaway goal, but he didn't look ready, much like his defensemen. He overplayed the puck on the 2nd, and didn't cover or clear the loose puck. He let a cleared puck slide by the net thinking it was icing when the Kazakh forward had obviously negated it. He seemed to be fighting the puck all night.

Maybe be just had a bad night. I don't know. You can't wait for a goalie to "find his game" in this tournament.

In what circumstances would you play him again?
Well, he's obviously not getting any more start, but who know what happen? One might get injured, or play a very bad game and get pulled

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
An injury situation would be reasonable, sure. Somebody has to be in net. He's the 3rd option at this point, imo.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006

I take it as grudging respect. They recognize the foremost threat to Canadian hockey dominance, and act accordingly. We understand. Carry on.
Then we are anti-Swede too, because we cheered for the Slovaks against the Swedes and anti-Finn because we cheered for the Kazakhs against the Finns. Today will be weird, because we'll have the Swedes playing against the US. Who do we cheer against?

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Then we are anti-Swede too, because we cheered for the Slovaks against the Swedes and anti-Finn because we cheered for the Kazakhs against the Finns. Today will be weird, because we'll have the Swedes playing against the US. Who do we cheer against?
Uh-huh.

Wild prediction ... the crowd will find its "inner Swede" today.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

There are many reasons not to like your country as a canadian on an economic level, it isn't personal.

On a hockey level, it's absolutely respect the same way star players get booed against rivals.

Rainmaker

Apr 15, 2017
They said that - directed at you or the American players? Or are you describing their general behaviour?

Directed at me and my two sons (ages 10 & 11) by the woman sitting next to us. It was her goal to make it as miserable of an experience as she could. Getting in our faces and taunting after Kazakh goals, whining non-stop about how penalties called on Kazakhstan were BS and that any American check should have been a penalty. Others apparently thought it was fun and joined in.

Cheering for another team or booing another nation - no problem. But when you try to make someone else's experience a nightmare... I don't get it.

Reactions: SabresSharks

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Directed at me and my two sons (ages 10 & 11) by the woman sitting next to us. It was her goal to make it as miserable of an experience as she could. Getting in our faces and taunting after Kazakh goals, whining non-stop about how penalties called on Kazakhstan were BS and that any American check should have been a penalty. Others apparently thought it was fun and joined in.

Cheering for another team or booing another nation - no problem. But when you try to make someone else's experience a nightmare... I don't get it.
Too bad you weren't there with 3 beefy friends. Puts a stop to bullshit like that real quick, if it even starts.

Hope the rest of the tourney is a better experience for you and your boys. Go USA!

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
This is true. The original English speaking Canadians didn't immigrate from the British Isles (as they would like you to believe), but they were tarred, feathered, and expelled from the southern colonies during the American Revolution for their treachery. This is why anti-Americanism so ingrained in their national psyche and has defined pretty much what it means to be a Canadian.

Are you insane?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad