GDT: Game 10: SJS @ MTL | Respect the Beard | Oct. 24, 2019 7:00pm ET, TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Right when they had some momentum in the offensive zone...

Oh well, time for a shorty.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Last time KK had two minutes of TOI in your argument. Also missed my edit, the Danault line is currently taking the toughest matchups while KK is taking the easiest (by Corsica TOI% QOC). That's a big step to take.
He had 2 minutes of icetime in the 2nd period.

Danault doesn't stop existing if he's moved off the top line.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
You have to be realistic about Carey. He is what he is. He's not the best and he's not the worst. I do however expect him to make some big saves. When you pay a goalie 10.5mil a year, it's so he can make saves. I don't think Toronto pays Matthews 11+ million to "not" score goals. So yes, when you're paid that much, I expect as better performance than 4 goals on 14 shots.
The defence and the forwards are not without blame either but, when Price has a horrendous game like tonight, there is no defending him.
Well if you want to be realistic you cant proceed to take “big saves” as a measurement of whether he's living up to his contract.
Big saves are highly subjectives and highlight reel moments. That would be the equivalent of needing Matthews to do some insane goals every game. When a goal or a save isnt enough anymore, you need to make BIG saves now...and what determines how big those a save is?...Is a save from a simple point shot in the last minute of a game when leading a Big save? Or is that just a routine save? Does it look like a routine save because...Price is just so technically sound and plays his angles very well? Is the same save from another goalie but in more spectacular fashion a bigger save?..

Price is good. We dont have to worry about him, what's in front is the problem.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I have the luxury of being old enough for that cup ! I remember it vividly, I was 8 months old at the time.

Since then, I have grown a head of hair and lose most of it.

I was 8 and at a wedding, I don't remember much more than you... though I remember that most people weren't dancing and were watching the game on the TVs in the bar

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
With one of the best PO performance from a goaltender in the history of the league and with a primed HOF defender and selke center, yeah.

It was also almost 10 years ago.
Give the man some credit. He got it done.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Filet desert and there:s Armia, Danault and Thompson on the ice ?

ykmf3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad