Pre-Game Talk: Game 10: Kings vs. Red Wings

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Also the First line is not going to start scoring; unless Kopitar figures out whatever the hell is going on with himself.

Kopitar's play has been underwhelming. Something the Kings can't afford anymore.

I think Kopitar learned some bad habits in Euro hockey. He has made more turnovers in the first 8 games, than I can remember him making all of last year.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This really shows the Kings strength up the middle. Hopefully the wingers provide enough support.

Gagne has been the best left winger on the team. He deserves top line ice time. Brown playing RW will probably force him to pass more or plant himself in front of the net, as he won't have a great shooting angle from a distance.

The second line has two of the best conditioned forwards with Williams finding his game recently.

The third line is more defensive and aggressive, and will put Richards in more pivotal situations, instead of counting on him for secondary scoring.

Stoll has struggled. Lewis isn't very offensive. Richardson's speed makes this a good energy line.

I think the changes can work. Should be fun to watch

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Actually, that looks amazing. Honestly, when we got Ellerby, the first thing I thought was that his skillset, speed, and youth would be best served pairing with Doughty. Not to mention it would spread the experience around the pairings instead of constantly pairing youngster with youngster. Voynov gets reliable Scuderi to watch his back, which gives him more of a green light.

Gagne can help setup Kopitar and Brown, and Williams can try to infuse some life on the second line, same with Clifford. Richards needs a kick in the ass and a statement. Maybe some time on the third line, grinding it out, can get his stamina back up, and also get him back into the game mentality. Not to mention he is a hell of a lot better in that spot over Stoll.

To be honest, with those line combinations, I think it also opens up the possibility of bringing up a youngster to see if they can infuse some life into the team as well. I was against it earlier, but if you could bring up Vey or Toffoli and have them tryout a bit on Richards' wing, on the third line, I'd be O.K. with that.

Overall, I LOVE these line combinations. I hope he sticks with them for a bit.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The players have to make it work, if they come out lifeless. Sutter will be forced to move people back into familiar spots.

So lets hope the players have an open mind, and really play hard.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Didn't realize till today that Quick is the only goaltender to start every single game so far this season.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
These are literally the exact D pairings I said I wanted in the Ellerby trade thread.

Let's work more magic. Scratch Stoll for every game for the rest of his contract. Same with Penner. C'mon Sutts I know you're reading this.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Uh oh, moving Brown to RW...I don't know, he did have 0 ES goals this year so far on LW. Don't want to upset that apple cart.

The team can't score again, so why not change it up just to see if something can get their heart beating. It probably won't work, because the Kings just cannot seem to score, but it's worth a shot.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
I love the moves. I have really wanted for us to move Carter to his natural position since hes been here. Very excited to watch this lineup play.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Throw me onto the "call up Toffoli" bandwagon if this is how we're going to roll with our forward lines. Stacking the top six with the talent, okay, sure, no room for Toffoli and he's wasted in a checking role. But if the idea is to spread talent and scoring throughout the entire lineup, then why not give Toffoli a chance on Richards' RW?

Edit: Also, just wait until Carter gets back into the groove of playing center. He's a much better natural center than RW. He wins faceoffs like a champ and had his best years in Philly playing primarily C.

KingKopitar11*

Babcock is an amazing coach, I see so many beautiful set up from the wings open cross ice passes for a chance for a shot. They have beautiful offensive set up and execution no hesitation.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I don't know too much about Toffoli, but this is another Kings forward that was originally listed as a center. How is his transition to RW, if that's what he's playing for the Monarchs?

So Deano's forte is to stockpile defensemen and centers? Well, centers that will eventually have to play wings. But with the drafting of Pearson last year, things might be changing.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
Brown has been bad on the LW recently, so I don't see what's wrong with moving him back to his original position.

ouendan1

Mar 14, 2009
Las Vegas
not really contributing anything except to say that I will be at the game! Right on the blue line where the Kings shoot twice, section 106 row 3!

bobafettish*

day game against the red wings, have a feeling kings get blown out.....

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What I would really like to see is for the Kings to score first. They've done it only 3 times so far this season, and the last time was when they beat Phoenix.

Granted, they lost the other two times they scored first, but they definitely play a lot better when they're not chasing the opposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad