Game #10 : Kings vs. Flames - 10/21/13 - Regulation Loss 3-2

Ewan McGregor*

I'm just glad the Flames still has fans.

Offense has been an issue this season. As much as I'd like to blame the refs, I honestly think the bigger issue are players who need to get going.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm just glad the Flames still has fans.

Offense has been an issue this season. As much as I'd like to blame the refs, I honestly think the bigger issue are players who need to get going.

Agreed, but I'd also say tonight was a big step in the right direction. Just missed the finishing.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
I didn't see them. What about Carcillo's interference on Hudler and the elbow? You guys didn't get the replays of that? Both broadcasts were obviously biased tonight, the Flame fans were *****ing just as much about the reffing as you guys were.

Entitled much? You guys got 7 straight PPs, the last of which won you the game. Four noncalls on Carcillo? So 11 power plays would have been a fairly called game? Gtfo

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
26 games and counting for Kopitar! He had no problem in the preseason, so what gives now?

Still the best scorer on this team this season...

Otherwise one of those games where you played good and deserved to win, but you don't have luck, referees calls goes against you, you hit posts and dont bury great chances...

They were lucky in some other games where they didn't deserve to win, but they'll win more games than lose if they'll play the way they played tonight.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
The Kings played well enough to win but didn't. If the game was played again and all the bounces happens the same way we'd probably pot a few and win the game.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
You go to a team's home board, you're gonna see things you don't like.

Thought there were rules that prevented flaming in our 'safe' space, but you guys are the victims here, eh?
Actually I view it as a sign of compliment to our team... Remember Yakupovs celebration from last years start of the season...

You know you are a good and feared team, when oposing players/fans celebrate wining a "cheezee" game against you like a monumental achievement.*:):nod:

*Note: our fan base for most of the last decade was the same with wins vs. Detroit...

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Nolan better be ill or something because he has arguably been one of the better Bottom Six players this year and scratching him is flat out stupid. Fraser is trash and this team's record with him in the lineup reflects his uselessness.

Why Sutter and, to a lesser extent, DL keep dressing worse players than other ones available is interesting...wish I could understand.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The team played well, generated a lot of chances, but eleven 5 on 5 goals in 10 games is really bad. Even the last game against Dallas (our best game of the year) we blew way too many offensive opportunities. We gotta start finishing our chances more

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Just now realized that was our first division game (sorry if this was mentioned before). It's the first game of five in a row against division rivals, and the next six of eight are divison games. Makes this loss sting a little. We need to establish ourselves in this new divison.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The team played well, generated a lot of chances, but eleven 5 on 5 goals in 10 games is really bad. Even the last game against Dallas (our best game of the year) we blew way too many offensive opportunities. We gotta start finishing our chances more

There just isn't much skill on this team outside of a few guys. And among those guys, Brown is still not 100% and you never know what you are going to get from Williams and especially Kopitar and Richards. Absolutely no excuse for how those guys have played 5 on 5 this season.

As for the rest, Sutter and Lombardi want to go with a bottom six full of grinders, energy players, tough guys and whatever Jarret Stoll is considered. We can't be shocked at the goal-scoring results when we only ice five scoring forwards and two offensive threats from the blue line.

This team desperately needs to get Brown playing at a higher level and a goal-scoring winger at the deadline.

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
There are only 3 or 4 guys on the entire roster that have proven they can put the puck in the net with any sort of consistency the past few years....that puts enormous pressure on Quick and the D.

KBA4life

Oct 22, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
There just isn't much skill on this team outside of a few guys. And among those guys, Brown is still not 100% and you never know what you are going to get from Williams and especially Kopitar and Richards. Absolutely no excuse for how those guys have played 5 on 5 this season.

As for the rest, Sutter and Lombardi want to go with a bottom six full of grinders, energy players, tough guys and whatever Jarret Stoll is considered. We can't be shocked at the goal-scoring results when we only ice five scoring forwards and two offensive threats from the blue line.

This team desperately needs to get Brown playing at a higher level and a goal-scoring winger at the deadline.

Agree with everything except for trading for a winger...just bring up Toffoli! I've been a Stoll hater for quite some time, but I'm really surprised at just how crap he's become. His offensive game has disappeared completely, he works hard and he seems like a good dude, but this team can't have someone at that cap hit that contributes so little.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Ha, it's not like that was some bias viewing. To say there was 7 straight penalties against the Kings is factually wrong and can't be argued.

Why are you posting on our boards? gtfo. seriously. Based on your comments so far, you aren't adding anything to the discussion here...

KingKopitar11*

Mike "fans on his shot/pass" Richards.

Lol that's so true. He's so sloppy but he some how gets points.

Random but it must be so hard to play like Brown. The dude takes so much flack from others players.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingKopitar11*

It'd be nice to get Yakupov. Low risk high reward. His value is low, but if there is any organization that can turn his attitude around its the kings.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
At 6-4, the Kings are right on the 3 wins out of every 5 games pace that would get them 48 wins by the end of the year, an amount that should put the Kings near the top of the standings if you go by recent history. Obviously with 6 of the next 7 games at home, you'd like to see a few more wins by mid-November though. We'll see how it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad