Game #10 : Kings vs. Flames - 10/21/13 - Regulation Loss 3-2

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Who you trying to fool? If Quick was run like that and there was no call you would be calling for a penalty just as much as we were. Especially with Carcillo's antics tonight. Both sides weren't happy with the reffing, Flames can stomach it because they won so I understand your frustration but we would be just as upset if the score went the other way.

As for Brown, if (and we didn't get a good angle of it) if that was a penalty he sure went down super easy, pretty much exactly like Wideman. Maybe both were penalties, but both were dives too.

This post is full of ****.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Back to your board now to talk about who you'll be drafting in the Top 3.. Shoo shoo.

Ha, it's not like that was some bias viewing. To say there was 7 straight penalties against the Kings is factually wrong and can't be argued.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Carcillo is adding much more that I ever thought he would. His line created some of our best chances tonight.

He made some great moves tonight, I thought he was done in the league.

Carcillo has looked pretty good.

Although I wonder why Nolan was scratched ? maybe kid is a little tired ?

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Ha, it's not like that was some bias viewing. To say there was 7 straight penalties against the Kings is factually wrong and can't be argued.

Did I ever say you were wrong? You're in the wrong board section, back to your 2014 Draft talk. Bye bye.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
He made some great moves tonight, I thought he was done in the league.

Carcillo has looked pretty good.

Although I wonder why Nolan was scratched ? maybe kid is a little tired ?

That's why you keep an open mind.

Carcillo, just needed to play in a system where he can be a hockey player and not just an agitator. Gotta give props to DS for letting the players play hockey.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Dwight King on the P.K.?

For that matter Dwight King on the ice. Nolan plays a very good game against the Stars and he gets scratched, and they keep playing Dwight King.

He needs to sit King..

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
That's why you keep an open mind.

Carcillo, just needed to play in a system where he can be a hockey player and not just an agitator. Gotta give props to DS for letting the players play hockey.

Carcillo has always been an effective player in Chicago and Philly. Problem comes when he goes psycho and loses his **** to the point where he greatly hurts the team. I think one time with us in Philly he gave Washington a 9 minute PP which is just historically bad.

I really like Carcillo, but he's always been an effective player when on his game. So is a player like Rinaldo, they just both have bad reps because of their ability to lose it.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
For the record it was 6 straight penalties called on the Kings.

Wasn't trying to start anything, just saying that us Flames fans weren't any happier with the refs than you guys. But jeeze, is this a hard subject for you guys? It was 5.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Richards is a really amusing player; he looks drunk out there most of the time, but he still puts up some good assists.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

His facts might be off, but 6 of the last 7 penalties were on the Kings, including the last 5. WTF is that?

KingKopitar11*

Why did Sutter change a winning line up. That guy is just so stupid some times.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
His facts might be off, but 6 of the last 7 penalties were on the Kings, including the last 5. WTF is that?

Lack of discipline? The Regehr penalty was iffy, the other 5 weren't. Like I said, the refs gave a freebie with Carcillo at least twice, once on Hudler and once on Ramo. You might not feel that way but Flame fans certainly did, which of course is just both of our sides being biased. But refs aren't here to make sure everyone gets the same amount of PP time, they are suppose to call infractions. And both sides feel they did a poor job tonight.

KingKopitar11*

Wasn't trying to start anything, just saying that us Flames fans weren't any happier with the refs than you guys. But jeeze, is this a hard subject for you guys? It was 5.

5 ******** calls. You guys were gift wrapped the game. You can leave now sunshine.

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
I thought Wideman showed better form on his first dive than the second.

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
Lack of discipline? The Regehr penalty was iffy, the other 5 weren't. Like I said, the refs gave a freebie with Carcillo at least twice, once on Hudler and once on Ramo. You might not feel that way but Flame fans certainly did, which of course is just both of our sides being biased. But refs aren't here to make sure everyone gets the same amount of PP time, they are suppose to call infractions. And both sides feel they did a poor job tonight.

Wideman almost had a stretcher called out after being stick checked on the shoulder pad. Was that not an iffy call?

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
The Kings are paying 19 million dollars this year for the center ice position, who have combined for ZERO goals in 10 games, and we're blaming the refs? How many 5 on 5 goals do we have this season? Our offense is putrid, no other way to describe it.

kingscups

Jun 5, 2008
California
brownsm.gif

<ARNOLD>GaragrarRAgaraGARGAHRL!!! I'll be back flames!!!!!!!</ARNOLD>

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

Apparently you didn't watch the play...Carcillo clearly jumped out of the way to avoid Ramo who took a nice dive there -- barely grazed.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
Jesus, everybody settle down. I don't blame the Flames for winning this game. The refs were complete garbage (on both sides) but the Flames actually took advantage of the opportunities given to them. Not only that, I was actually a bit impressed with them. I'm interested to see how they do as the season progresses.

With that said though, **** this game. We looked pretty damn good out there (sans PK) and we still lose. I now sincerely hope we annihilate Phoenix on Thursday to make up for this game. I'm 95% sure it won't happen and I'm sure it'll end up 2-1 in the shootout for somebody, but a man can dream, can't he?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not too bent out of shape over the loss considering the way the team played overall. The number of penalties called was unusual and the PK isn't normally as bad as it was tonight. Then you add the two posts they hit and it becomes a frustrating loss that could have been avoided. I'd say the effort and time spent in the offensive zone was a positive. They were moving the puck quickly and efficiently and were connecting with some good passes that led to many scoring chances that they failed to capitalize on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad