Game #10 : Kings vs. Flames - 10/21/13 - Regulation Loss 3-2

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
It was a Penalty, but Refs can make judgment calls, they had just gave the Kings Six straight PK's. I think Kopi has earned a call here or there.

Tap's on the hand happen all game long, that's all I am saying.

The judgement call was not calling Carcillo for running into Ramo ten seconds earlier. He easily could have had 4 penalties alone tonight but only got 1. Kopitar shouldn't be getting his stick up in the hand area after getting a freebie like that.

And what was the interference penalty Stempniak got on Brown? Brown had the puck and went down super easy, normally we call that a hit. At least from Sportsnet's replay angles we never saw that interference.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I haven't been frustrated with a Kings loss like this in a while. We deserved two points and Calgary is garbage. Ughhhhh

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
How the **** did we take 7 consecutive penalties? Did I hear that stat correctly? that's ridiculous.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Whoever the refs where did a really bad job for both teams.

No, they did a terrible job against one team, the team your team couldn't have beaten without all of the consecutive assistance. You can't seriously believe that it was a fairly called game, can you?

I mean don't get me wrong you have to play the game and sometimes for whatever reason the calls go against and sometimes they go for you but tonight was exceptionally one sided.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
The judgement call was not calling Carcillo for running into Ramo ten seconds earlier. He easily could have had 4 penalties alone tonight but only got 1. Kopitar shouldn't be getting his stick up in the hand area after getting a freebie like that.

And what was the interference penalty Stempniak got on Brown? Brown had the puck and went down super easy, normally we call that a hit. At least from Sportsnet's replay angles we never saw that interference.
What about the two high sticks to the face that weren't called?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

After a forward chips the Puck, and takes two steps....You cant rub them out.

That's pretty standard by NHL refs to start the season. and once the Goalie leaves the Crease...He is resposible to take proper lanes and not get hit.

Ramo didn't see Cacillo coming to that side and got popped, had Quick done that it also would have been a non call(rightly so).

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
What about the two high sticks to the face that weren't called?

I didn't see them. What about Carcillo's interference on Hudler and the elbow? You guys didn't get the replays of that? Both broadcasts were obviously biased tonight, the Flame fans were *****ing just as much about the reffing as you guys were.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site

All of that is ridiculous. Carcillo didn't even deserve the call he got. Your guy anticip[ated the contact as he backed into Carcillo and flailed his arms out and dropped to the ground. Carcillo never pushed. In regards to the collision between him and Ramo, I'll chalk that up to you not knowing what you are talking about or you being a blind homer. If Calgary really thought Carcillo was in the wrong there then the whole team would have been at him.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

But it's the rule. once the puck is dump in, you can;t make contact after a few seconds. it was waaay after the time the refs allow.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I didn't see them. What about Carcillo's interference on Hudler and the elbow? You guys didn't get the replays of that? Both broadcasts were obviously biased tonight, the Flame fans were *****ing just as much about the reffing as you guys were.
Let me just be clear, you're crying that 7 straight PPs weren't enough and the refs were letting the Kings get away with obvious calls? Hahahaha, that's cute!

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
After a forward chips the Puck, and takes two steps....You cant rub them out.

That's pretty standard by NHL refs to start the season. and once the Goalie leaves the Crease...He is resposible to take proper lanes and not get hit.

Ramo didn't see Cacillo coming to that side and got popped, had Quick done that it also would have been a non call.

Who you trying to fool? If Quick was run like that and there was no call you would be calling for a penalty just as much as we were. Especially with Carcillo's antics tonight. Both sides weren't happy with the reffing, Flames can stomach it because they won so I understand your frustration but we would be just as upset if the score went the other way.

As for Brown, if (and we didn't get a good angle of it) if that was a penalty he sure went down super easy, pretty much exactly like Wideman. Maybe both were penalties, but both were dives too.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Lack of finish and scoring 5 on 5 continues. They played well tonight and were the better team, but for some reason this team can't finish their chances.

Also, while some of the calls were questionable, 3/6 on the PK for one of the top PK teams in the league against a team like the Flames is not acceptable. King on the PK is a joke. 1 SH goal does not a good penalty killer make.

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
Wow, an awful lot of blaming refs on this thread. Whether a few calls did or didn't go our way, we're a better team and should have played better and won.

Get over it!

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I am done talking about the stupid PK's.

Kings still played a good game I thought, Hit plenty of iron.

Kopitar is driving the net like we want, Richards looked a little Drunk but is creating.

Frattin looked better, Muzzin had another strong game on to PHX.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Fans of a SC favorite being baited in by a team that's trying to tank. Come on guys, don't feed the trolls.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
Let me just be clear, you're crying that 7 straight PPs weren't enough and the refs were letting the Kings get away with obvious calls? Hahahaha, that's cute!
7 straight? There was 6 called all night. Hmm.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Btw, I know the contract is high and wouldn't work out well financially for us, but Giordano would look great beside Doughty. I wonder what Calgary would take for him.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
If it takes that many penalties to edge out a win, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say their playoff chances are done...

and our ice girls are prettier than theirs....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->