GDT: Game #10 - Hurricanes @ Avalanche | Friday October 25, 7:00PM MST | ALT

Landeslog

Nov 17, 2009
Denver
What idiot goes and gets face value tickets? Ticket price is the very last reason to not attend Avs games.

I was gonna go to the game but stubhub prices were very close to face value for the cheap seats so I decided not to.
Usually stubhub is way cheaper. I thought that meant it would be pretty full haha. Guess not

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I have noticed the prices are trending up on the secondary market, which is great. Deals are to be had though. I got a ticket for tomorrow 12 rows up from blueline for $42.

I just hate the ticket prices excuse. There are plenty of viable reasons and I know people are not made of money but if there is a will there is a way.

Last edited:

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
This was the first time I bought through a second party, but I realized that your best bet for getting them cheap is buying them as soon as they go on sale.

I bought 2 tickets for the Avs/Blues game in St. Louis in April about a week after they went on sale. 5 rows from the ice for $84 each.

I keep checking back and looking at other tickets that were available at the time and most of them have gone up at least $10 or $15 since the time I bought my tickets.

Like I said, this is my first time buying from anything other than Ticketmaster or TicketHorse, so I'm not to familiar with the trends or anything on StubHub.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The thing with buying direct are the fees they tack on so that makes those tickets even more than "face value" anyway. Right now tickets to any Avs game start at $10-20 mostly depending on opponent (Hawks, Sharks, Pens, Rangers, etc on the higher side). I bought my ticket for opening night right away because the deal was good but otherwise the prices should come down close to the event date. I stalked Stubhub every single day since April for Broncos at Colts tickets and it greatly helped to wait until the week of the game. The inventory was high so I knew it had to come down too. Doesn't surprise me that the St Louis market is higher, the Avs will get back to that kind of market eventually. And that matchup is looking more attractive than it did a month ago!

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
The thing with buying direct are the fees they tack on so that makes those tickets even more than "face value" anyway. Right now tickets to any Avs game start at $10-20 mostly depending on opponent (Hawks, Sharks, Pens, Rangers, etc on the higher side). I bought my ticket for opening night right away because the deal was good but otherwise the prices should come down close to the event date. I stalked Stubhub every single day since April for Broncos at Colts tickets and it greatly helped to wait until the week of the game. The inventory was high so I knew it had to come down too. Doesn't surprise me that the St Louis market is higher, the Avs will get back to that kind of market eventually. And that matchup is looking more attractive than it did a month ago!

Sure does!

I was a little skeptical buying a ticket for a game in April, but it's looking better and better each day.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think MacKinnon's biggest struggle so far has been his puck decisions from the faceoff dots to his own blueline. He's had a tough go in that area.

He's been fairly lost too on where he should be in his defensive coverage. I'm a little surprised he's been so confused at times, because I expected him to have a pretty strong defensive game for a #1 pick.

He'll figure it out though. It's only becoming more noticeable because dispute his points, and his nice plays in the first couple games, he hasn't had many great chances offensively. We'll just have to be more patient than we expected, especially if he's not being played the way #1 overall picks are usually played in this new NHL era. He's being played the way they used to be played back in the 90's and such.

Errm, I'm pretty the majority of us were expecting him to have a rocky transition to the NHL and were expecting this type of play. If Mackinnon made a seamless transition at his age into the NHL, he would honestly be on the close to Crosby was in his first year because of his skill.

Most players like Mackinnon have a bit harder time transitioning to the NHL, which is also the reason why Drouin is back in juniors and Monahan is staying in the NHL. It's just the nature of Skill vs Effort.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Errm, I'm pretty the majority of us were expecting him to have a rocky transition to the NHL and were expecting this type of play. If Mackinnon made a seamless transition at his age into the NHL, he would honestly be on the close to Crosby was in his first year because of his skill.

Most players like Mackinnon have a bit harder time transitioning to the NHL, which is also the reason why Drouin is back in juniors and Monahan is staying in the NHL. It's just the nature of Skill vs Effort.

I didn't see anything about him to suggest he'd have a "rocky" transition. Not that I would term it as such now either.

I think it's clear the majority expected him to have more offensive chances at this point, that's why there's been so much talk about it. If that hadn't' been the expectation there wouldn't be so much talk about it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Avs have barely even trailed this season. I bet if they were needing to play catch up regularly then MacKinnon would get thrown out there a lot more to generate offense.

That's a good point. He'd definitely be out there more late in periods and games.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I didn't see anything about him to suggest he'd have a "rocky" transition. Not that I would term it as such now either.

I think it's clear the majority expected him to have more offensive chances at this point, that's why there's been so much talk about it. If that hadn't' been the expectation there wouldn't be so much talk about it.

Transitioning to the NHL includes offensive chances. I certainly wasn't expecting him to get more then 50 points, 40-50 was my estimate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad