GDT: Game 10: Columbus vs. Toronto | 10/25 7PM EDT

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
It might explain why we have problems getting out of our own zone though. Everyone is so deep in the zone that the defenders on the other team are able to gobble up any loose pucks going towards the blue line when they would have to play more conservatively if one of our forwards was nearby.

Might also explain why breakaways are in short supply for us. Our furthest guy up might have see a change of momentum and gotten to our own blueline to get the pass instead of the red or opposing blueline.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
wow... wiring Dan Hinote is no more enlightening than if they'd wire an average fan...

"good job guys!"

"way to go guys!"

"let's go PP!"

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
You know I was wondering the very same thing

RJ just doesn't have the hands to be that effective on the PP unless he's parking his ass in front of the net. Unfortunately we are having problems getting set up so he has no chance to get to where he needs to be.

We need better stickhandlers out there to beat people one on one or to be able to make the more difficult passes. That's why I'd put Foligno out there over RJ, with the condition that he's not allowed to do more than 3 moves without passing or shooting. He has very good hands but he tries stuff that is just outside of his abilities.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
RJ just doesn't have the hands to be that effective on the PP unless he's parking his ass in front of the net. Unfortunately we are having problems getting set up so he has no chance to get to where he needs to be.

We need better stickhandlers out there to beat people one on one or to be able to make the more difficult passes. That's why I'd put Foligno out there over RJ, with the condition that he's not allowed to do more than 3 moves without passing or shooting. He has very good hands but he tries stuff that is just outside of his abilities.

I'd like to Letestu. I feel he's a bit buried and it's a challenge for him to show his offensive skills, which he has. I think he ought to be on a PP unit, he was effective there last year if I'm remembering it right.

edit: Foligno and Letestu are on the power play right now :laugh: :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad