Pre-Game Talk: Game 10: Canucks @ Blue Jackets - Sunday, Oct. 20 3:00PM - SNET-VAN (not pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
:laugh: Weise can't do anything right around here, can he?

Weise has not played well this season. And don't expect him to develop any further on Tortorella's 4th line.

The gap has really started to narrow between Sestito and Weise IMO. That doesn't bode well for Dale. Which is too bad, 'cause he's got a good chin for the game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Weise has not played well this season. And don't expect him to develop any further on Tortorella's 4th line.

The gap has really started to narrow between Sestito and Weise IMO. That doesn't bode well for Dale. Which is too bad, 'cause he's got a good chin for the game.

While I agree Sestito has played better than I expected, Weise has been solid, IMO. He's been doing well in a fourth line role. I'm as hard on him as anyone - in fact, when he started his rush yesterday that lead to Richardson's goal, my exact words were something like "Come on, Wei--oh. It's Weise." Only to be surprised a few moments later.

Outside of his goal and assist though, he's been able to get the puck out of danger and not hurt the team. Kind of what you want in a fourth liner.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
:laugh: Weise can't do anything right around here, can he? There is no way Welsh will be even half the player that Weise is.

If we can get an upgrade on Weise I don't think that's a bad thing. Maybe Welsh is that guy maybe not. I still am interested to see what he can do. You don't have to be overly sensitive about it.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
I completely forgot the Jackets were moved to the East. :laugh:

Not sure what to expect tonight, other than horrible hockey. Two teams that had to play and travel yesterday playing an afternoon game... brilliant scheduling. :shakehead

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Is it just me or does he look like a really skinny Theon Greyjoy?

Little bit.

PORR.gif

:laugh:

Tanevian*

If we can get an upgrade on Weise I don't think that's a bad thing. Maybe Welsh is that guy maybe not. I still am interested to see what he can do. You don't have to be overly sensitive about it.

If we can get an upgrade ANYWHERE it's not a bad thing.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Kassian threatens Sittler's record but with 10 minutes left in the game, Shanahan calls and suspends Kassian for 25 games for getting "uppity".

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Outside of his goal and assist though, he's been able to get the puck out of danger and not hurt the team. Kind of what you want in a fourth liner.

I liked Weise last year in a 4th line role but have found he's struggled getting the puck out of his own end safely this season. IMO he's taken a step back from last year - just doesn't look comfortable handling the puck.

Decent 4th liner but you have to wonder if he will be able to further develop his game with Tortorella's reluctance in playing his depth players.

hlrsr

Sep 16, 2006
I liked Weise last year in a 4th line role but have found he's struggled getting the puck out of his own end safely this season. IMO he's taken a step back from last year - just doesn't look comfortable handling the puck.

Decent 4th liner but you have to wonder if he will be able to further develop his game with Tortorella's reluctance in playing his depth players.

I vaguely recall someone saying recently that Tortorella wasn't happy when we plucked Weise from the Rangers originally. Maybe he does see something in the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->