Pre-Game Talk: Game 10: Canucks @ Blue Jackets - Sunday, Oct. 20 3:00PM - SNET-VAN (not pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
schedule is ridiculous...torts will do his best to avoid a sag in energy but he'll be fighting against basic physiology tomorrow afternoon

meanwhile st louis is at home with a one week holiday while they await their next game against vancouver

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Have a tiny feeling CBJ might steal this one with goaltending.

But still gonna predict a win for the good guys. 4-2 with an empty netter. :yo:

Glad CBJ played today so we are not facing a well rested team.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
schedule is ridiculous...torts will do his best to avoid a sag in energy but he'll be fighting against basic physiology tomorrow afternoon

meanwhile st louis is at home with a one week holiday while they await their next game against vancouver

Yeah, I don't find this weird at all..

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm going to go a bit easier on BIEKSA because he had 3 assists and was a +3 in the pens game. I'm pretty sure he ran to the wrong side of the net which ended up leaving a pen wide open for a goal, but 3 assists is pretty good.

He has been flourishing under Torts. I don't know if it's the system or what, but the Bieksa we're seeing this season is the Bieksa who is a staple on this team's defense.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Have a tiny feeling CBJ might steal this one with goaltending.

But still gonna predict a win for the good guys. 4-2 with an empty netter. :yo:

Glad CBJ played today so we are not facing a well rested team.

Don't be so sure. Bobrovsky started for them tonight against the Capitals so the Canucks may see McElhinney tomorrow.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'd rather see

Sedin - Sedin - Santorelli
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Richardson - Hansen
Sestito - Welsh - Weise

Agreed. Kesler on the Sedins' wing was fun for that one game but I'm not understanding Torts' fascination with it. The Canucks need Kesler centering the 2nd line.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
I feel that Torts' greatest weapon is the fact that he can split the Sedin line to make two lines with linemates who can dish the puck. I think he should have the Sedins start on the same line with Kesler on the second line and if the team can't get it going, juggle the lines like he did in Calgary and Philadelphia and make the opposing team adjust on the fly to two more evenly offensively spaced teams. Hard to match D-pairs when two of your best playmakers are on different lines.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, I don't find this weird at all..

Well, it all does even out in the end. Make a note to revisit this thread whenever the Blues' schedule clumps up and their fans are moaning about it.

Horrible scheduling for a west coast team and on a night without of games that could be earlier.

Yes. And a great big **** you to SNet with this SNet Vancouver ****, which I apparently don't subscribe to and therefore won't be able to watch the game. It's as if the NHL really doesn't want the Canucks to be successful and will undermine them no matter how much money they bring in to the league. It just boggles the mind with all the teams that lose money and have invisible profiles in their markets.

And I'm gonna say we beat the BJs. They're going down, on their knees. I predict they will suck, and suck hard. Their mouths will be full...of disgrace.

DocSpratley

aka HamhuisHip
Mar 18, 2004
Victoria
Agreed. Kesler on the Sedins' wing was fun for that one game but I'm not understanding Torts' fascination with it. The Canucks need Kesler centering the 2nd line.

Torts won't start the game splitting them up but I want Torts to try breaking the Sedin's up again and roll with:
Santorelli - Sedin - Kassian
Sedin - Kesler - Higgins
Booth - Richardson - Hansen
Sestito - Welsh - Weise

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Torts won't start the game splitting them up but I want Torts to try breaking the Sedin's up again and roll with:
Santorelli - Sedin - Kassian
Sedin - Kesler - Higgins
Booth - Richardson - Hansen
Sestito - Welsh - Weise

If the twins are being split up I think I would like to see:

Higgins-Henrik-Kassian
Daniel-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Richardson-Santorelli
Tostito-Wales-Weise

But if Schroeder was in the lineup..

Higgins-Henrik-Kesler
Daniel-Schroeder-Kassian
Booth-Richardson-Hansen
Tostito-Santorelli-Weise

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Uh-oh.... according to the blue Jackets board we're getting the backup this afternoon. :help:

I wonder if they have any kid yet to score their first ever NHL goal too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad