Pre-Game Talk: Game 10: Canucks @ Blue Jackets - Sunday, Oct. 20 3:00PM - SNET-VAN (not pacific)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: October 20, 3:00PM PST
WHERE: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio
TV: Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey (NOT PACIFIC)
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks' Starting Lineup:
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Ryan Kesler
Chris Higgins - Mike Santorelli - Jannik Hansen
David Booth - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Jeremy Welsh - Dale Weise

Alex Edler - Jason Garrison
Dan Hamhuis - Kevin Bieksa
Ryan Stanton - Chris Tanev

Eddie Lack
Roberto Luongo

- Jeremy Welsh has been called up from Utica.
- Jordan Schroeder left Saturday's game against Pittsburgh with a lower body injury and isn't expected to play.
- Zac Dalpe was sent down to Utica on a "conditioning stint" prior to Schroeder's injury.
- Alex Burrows has been injured since Oct. 4th and could return to the lineup towards the end of the road trip.

Columbus Blue Jackets' Starting Lineup:
Atkinson-Dubinsky-Gaborik
Anisimov-Johansen-Umberger
Jenner-Letestu-Comeau
Craig-MacKenzie-Boll

Tyutin-Johnson
Nikitin-Savard
Murray-Wisniewski

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

WHEwfHg.jpg

Last edited:

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
can't they bring someone up? Really need another center

do we, though? sedin, kesler, santorelli, richards: all proven they can be workable centremen, santorelli at second-line minutes even. it reduces our depth and tortorella's in-game flexibility, but considering how weak we were last year in that position i reckon we can get by with what we've got.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
do we, though? sedin, kesler, santorelli, richards: all proven they can be workable centremen, santorelli at second-line minutes even. it reduces our depth and tortorella's in-game flexibility, but considering how weak we were last year in that position i reckon we can get by with what we've got.

I think Tort want to keep Kesler on the wing so that means Santorelli and Richardson and ???

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
nah. kesler looks good on the wing but he hasn't blown minds with the sedins, and considering we're now a C short it'd be madness to call someone up when we've got a star player who's natural in the role. unless torts decides he doesn't need a 4th line at all we'll see kesler back in the middle.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Kassian is starting to roll. If you want to build on that...

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Kesler Hansen
Booth Santorelli Weise
Sestito Richardson Weber

IMO you can't keep Kesler on the wing when your centremen start falling to injury.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
Kassian is starting to roll. If you want to build on that...

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Kesler Hansen
Booth Santorelli Weise
Sestito Richardson Weber

IMO you can't keep Kesler on the wing when your centremen start falling to injury.

agree. that looks good. kassian deserves a shot: that was a hell of a hard-working shift on our third goal today

Brenton Williams

Feb 6, 2006
Really hoping Schroeder's injury isn't too serious. We have serious issues down the middle with him out.

I really hope the Canucks can find someone to replace Schroeder.

There was a play in the game against the Pens today where he crossed the blue line on the right hand side with ample space, and instead of trying to make a play he softly slid the puck in the corner right to the Pens defensemen who quickly cleared the zone.

It was one of the softest plays I've seen and unfortunately it isn't unprecedented with him. How many floater wristers from just inside the blue line is he going to attempt?

When he drives wide, is he ever going to go to the net, or is he always going to try a soft perimeter backhand from a terrible angle?

Great teams don't have 3rd line centers who are that timid. I know he's small, and I guess he's afraid of getting hit, but if he thinks his skill alone will keep him in the lineup, then he's in for a surprise.

I hope he shows more, but at this stage, he's soft as butter and a well below average 3rd line center.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I'm going to go a bit easier on BIEKSA because he had 3 assists and was a +3 in the pens game. I'm pretty sure he ran to the wrong side of the net which ended up leaving a pen wide open for a goal, but 3 assists is pretty good.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Afternoon games are great on the weekends. Let's me get some work done in the evenings and grab dinner with people without actually missing hockey.

Columbus is also on the back end of a back to back games (and most likely losing the first one). There's no excuse for dropping the next game especially with a solid performance against the Penguins.

SgtToody

Mar 16, 2013
Really hoping Schroeder's injury isn't too serious. We have serious issues down the middle with him out.

He was barely in the lineup, so it's not the injury is a major blow, other than to his chances of showing he belongs in the NHL... Not a lot of options to call up; Burrows' status is much more important to 'upgrade' what we've seen in the past few weeks.

B4NND1T*

Torts yells imprecations at Gaborik across the ice.......
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad