GDT: Game 10: Canada Vs Russia | 1PM EST 7PM CET | RUS 6 - 0 CAN

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Should be a good game. Expecting Russia to come out flying after the loss on day 1. Moreso with the tough group and Germany winning today, beating Germany only may not be enough so they'll give their best today I think. Gonna say a narrow 4-3 OT win for Canada.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Should be a good game. Expecting Russia to come out flying after the loss on day 1. Moreso with the tough group and Germany winning today, beating Germany only may not be enough so they'll give their best today I think. Gonna say a narrow 4-3 OT win for Canada.

This I might read as an expert - pundit opinion and apply 1 : 1 on my betting ticket. Grazie, C4G.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
A; expecting a really awesome game
B: think it'll be 1 goal victory

Not sure who wins but I keep reading about how Russia might only get 3 points (presumably agaisnt Germany) in the pool.. this is very shortsighted. Russian team is very good and they'll end up in the semi's IMO.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hopefully the refs don't mess the game up.

It's crazy how many are willing to discount Askarov after one bad game.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
A; expecting a really awesome game
B: think it'll be 1 goal victory

Not sure who wins but I keep reading about how Russia might only get 3 points (presumably agaisnt Germany) in the pool.. this is very shortsighted. Russian team is very good and they'll end up in the semi's IMO.
So many people will just look at the games and go."oh, they are not so good, they lost to so and so" It is like they don't get the realities of international hockey and at this tournament. Russia didn't play bad at all last game, you could tell they were the stronger team by a fair bit but just took too many penalties that cost them and Askarov didn't have a stellar game.

This Canada-Russia game is a toss up.

Reactions: Firsov99

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
If Russia wins this game in regulation this group is really going to be thrown into the blender. However if they lose in regulation they might just be playing in the relegation round considering the the US will likely beat them and they lost to the Czech's head to head.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Roster in OP says Joel Valeno.

Not since Joe Maginla have we seen this type of player.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
If Russia wins this game in regulation this group is really going to be thrown into the blender. However if they lose in regulation they might just be playing in the relegation round considering the the US will likely beat them and they lost to the Czech's head to head.
Wouldn’t Russia also have to lose to Germany?

novisor

Feb 6, 2012
Kitchener, ON
Only beating Germany in the round robin puts you in a possible 3 way tie for the bottom of the group at 3 points.

If this is the scenario (I'm not saying this will happen but there is a good chance it will occur), The Germans will have the advantage over the Czech's having beaten them head to head, however the Czechs would have the advantage over Russia having beaten them head to head. A real cluster f***.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->