GDT: Game 10: Canada Vs Russia | 1PM EST 7PM CET | RUS 6 - 0 CAN

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
these Canada v Russia games are not what they once were. can't match the intensity and entertainment value of a border clash with the Americans.

but should be the match of the day nonetheless.

4-2 W for the Maple Leaf.

Hattrickkane88

Apr 11, 2019
Canada hasn't dominated Russia physically in like 10 years, at any level. Russia has totally caught up to Canada in this department.
That said, I like Canada's skill level here.
4-2 Canucks
Ten years ago doesn't matter it's about the teams this yearX

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I suspect the Russians will play with more desperation which could mean a lot in a short tournament like this.

Special teams will be the difference as per the usual in a IIHF tournament.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Looking forward to a good game. I'll say 4-3 Canada as I don't believe in either group defensively.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
In this bonkers tournament I'm surprised any of you would be arrogant about a prediction. I did notice Canada's size against the Americans and something about it boded well. That said they could look entirely snake bitten tomorrow and maybe even lose to the Czechs.
5-4 for one side or the other.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
The real interesting question is what direction Bragin goes with the goaltending. Has Askarov lost his spot? Surely such a highly touted keeper gets another chance, but as was eluded to in earlier posts, this game has serious implications for Russia if they lose. That might mean Miftakhov gets the start in this one and then they play it by ear going forward. Probably a short leash for whichever goalie gets the nod, as is Bragin’s style. Canada has definitely run into hot Russian goaltending numerous times before, and it would be nice if the guy we face doesn’t seem super-human for a change.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Canada looked impressive against the U.S. They were fast and moved the puck well. It will be interesting to see if Russia can compete this year.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Can't believe how mis-aligned the divisions are.

Canada Russia US Czechs in one division.

Swedes and Fins in the other.

I would put the Swiss / Slovaks at 7th 8th in ranking.

Germany Khaz are in much lower level.

Russia loses to Canada and then has to face the US? They could easily be 0 - 3 with a decent team. That Russia US game will be huge.

Germany is a lot better than you think

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The real interesting question is what direction Bragin goes with the goaltending. Has Askarov lost his spot? Surely such a highly touted keeper gets another chance, but as was eluded to in earlier posts, this game has serious implications for Russia if they lose. That might mean Miftakhov gets the start in this one and then they play it by ear going forward. Probably a short leash for whichever goalie gets the nod, as is Bragin’s style. Canada has definitely run into hot Russian goaltending numerous times before, and it would be nice if the guy we face doesn’t seem super-human for a change.

According to Larionov, Miftakhov will get the start.

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Germany is a lot better than you think
IMG_4499.GIF

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->