GDT: Game 10 - Bolts @ Avs - 7:30 PM 10/24/18

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Tampa was really impressive. I'm flabbergasted they only allowed 1 goal on the PK all season, and have even scored more SH goals.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This game is exactly why the Avs need a strong second line to compete. The 1st line was shutdown more than normal (still dangerous) and held off the scoresheet... when that happens the Avs will lose the vast majority of the time. A legit 2nd line changes the complexion of the team dramatically.

I think Jost is getting a touch too much hate here, but he was really, really bad last night. They need to reduce his role immediately and start building up some confidence in his game. He needs moved to wing on the 4th line next to Kamenev and Dano. Be very choosy with that line and they should be able to produce some offense.

Yeah that line, or at least Jost and Kam, might actually gain some trust over time as well and be able to be trusted in more difficult situations.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Oh.. and I really hope we're not getting ballooned up with hot air here on the Avs start. It's nice to get some recognition, but it feels a bit over the top. @ me in January or at least the end of December, with them still playing at a 100+ point pace, and I'll jump from the cautious train to the hype train regarding this team.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I really hope we see Kamenev in the line up next game. I'd give him some time on PP1. He can shoot, and Jost is doing absolutely nothing anyways. I don't think we see Jost scratched next game. Hopefully a big win against Ottawa will be good for him.

The Avs success has almost made this season confusing in a way. I didn't want to see any prospects or picks traded for secondary scoring, but it looks like this team is much farther ahead than most of us expected. If we can get into the top 3 in the central, we need secondary scoring for a playoff run. It's a good problem to have.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Oh.. and I really hope we're not getting ballooned up with hot air here on the Avs start. It's nice to get some recognition, but it feels a bit over the top. @ me in January or at least the end of December, with them still playing at a 100+ point pace, and I'll jump from the cautious train to the hype train regarding this team.

Until then, let's just take a ride on the Soul Train!

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
It's weird to be positive after a loss but the Avs were up against one of the best teams in the league and they did not look out of place.

Reactions: RareDangles

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs are for real. It's not like they couldn't beat Tampa, in fact there is a good chance they would of beaten them if the goal counted. They'd play with a lead and it could of been a way different game.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
I really dislike that coaches can challenge for offsides, like a player being an inch offside matters at all for the overall play. The spirit of the rule is obviously that forwards can not just stand around in the offensive zone and wait for a puck, and even if a linesman misses an offside by an inch, that's still not possible to do.

Reactions: Murzu and McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I really dislike that coaches can challenge for offsides, like a player being an inch offside matters at all for the overall play. The spirit of the rule is obviously that forwards can not just stand around in the offensive zone and wait for a puck, and even if a linesman misses an offside by an inch, that's still not possible to do.

Well you can thank Duchene for that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

It's an idiotic rule, and you can thank the whiny-ass Preds and Wylde for raising a HUGE stink over two rather inconsequential calls for it, but it's likely not getting rescinded anytime soon. Players unfortunately need to be smarter and drag that foot until they know 100% their teammate crossed the blue line completely. Obviously you can't just "eyeball" it. Based on what Bednar said in the postgame presser he was a little irritated at Jost about it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Thank you! This is how I've felt for a while now. There shouldn't be a coaches challenge for offsides. Reviews should only be used in situations like the Duchene waaaaay offsides goal. Then the refs and linesman can get together and overturn it.

Otherwise it just saps energy out of the building, and takes away goals because they took out a magnifying glass, and slowed the play down frame by frame to see that someone not involved in the play at all, was offsides by less than an inch.

Not to mention how much I hate the "he's offsides because his foot's in the air" BS. Talk about not in the sprit of the rule. That serves no purpose. It shouldn't matter whether his foot is in the air or on the ice. It should only mater whether he's onside or not. A player could have his foot five feet into the neutral zone and still called offside if his skate is in the air. Why would you allow that?

Obviously Jost should have dragged his skate or timed it better, but how is that rule helping with anything? It's certainly not preventing anyone from hanging out in the O zone waiting for someone to aerial the puck all the way down ice, which is the purpose of the offsides rule.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Thank you! This is how I've felt for a while now. There shouldn't be a coaches challenge for offsides. Reviews should only be used in situations like the Duchene waaaaay offsides goal. Then the refs and linesman can get together and overturn it.

Otherwise it just saps energy out of the building, and takes away goals because they took out a magnifying glass, and slowed the play down frame by frame to see that someone not involved in the play at all, was offsides by less than an inch.

Not to mention how much I hate the "he's offsides because his foot's in the air" BS. Talk about not in the sprit of the rule. That serves no purpose. It shouldn't matter whether his foot is in the air or on the ice. It should only mater whether he's onside or not. A player could have his foot five feet into the neutral zone and still called offside if his skate is in the air.

Obviously Jost should have dragged his skate or timed it better, but how is that rule helping with anything? It's certainly not preventing anyone from hanging out in the O zone waiting for stretch passes, which is the purpose of the offsides rule.

Yeah I thought there was discussion of changing the foot in the air thing.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I agree. It's a stupid rule that doesn't actually help the issue that it is in place to solve. But both teams have the same rules and Jost should have been more aware. We have benefited from that rule a few times if I remember correctly.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Should just eliminate off-sides all-together. If a team wants to allow a forward to cherry-pick and put themselves down a man in the defensive zone, more power to them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not only did the refs take away an Avs goal, they also gifted the Bolts the PP in the third that won them the game.

It is not hooking if you hook the stick three feet away from the hands you idiots!

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Not only did the refs take away an Avs goal, they also gifted the Bolts the PP in the third that won them the game.

It is not hooking if you hook the stick three feet away from the hands you idiots!

Did you miss all of the complaints about the refs? There was a LOT lol.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Did you miss all of the complaints about the refs? There was a LOT lol.

I'm still perusing the GDT. Hard to see anything with all the whining about Jost. I'm not sure I've ever seen this board talk that much crap about a player, let alone a 20 year old. The things people said in this thread literally make me shake my head.

He's clearly struggling but people are asking for him to be traded, saying he's sucks, saying he should f*** off, etc. People essentially let one fan rile them up into hating a first round draft pick only 75 games into his career.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm still perusing the GDT. Hard to see anything with all the whining about Jost. I'm not sure I've ever seen this board talk that much crap about a player, let alone a 20 year old. The things people said in this thread literally make me shake my head.

He's clearly struggling but people are asking for him to be traded, saying he's sucks, saying he should **** off, etc. People essentially let one fan rile them up into hating a first round draft pick only 75 games into his career.

It was a contentious pick at the time of the draft. Then add in the fact that hes long been a point of discussion where plenty of people went out of their way to defend him. Kind of a perfect storm lol.

With the comments that Landeskog gets, and MacK got lol. I think this group sleeps with their pitchforks, but the Avs have deserved it for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad