GDT: Game #1 | Winnipeg Jets @ St. Louis Blues | Chapter: 1 "Opening the Book on a new season."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Honest question, what do you think is going through Jake's mind during a game?
I'm reminded of a great (likely apocryphal) story about former Cardinal Pedro Guerrero. When he was with Dodgers and playing 3rd base (very poorly) a journalist asked him what he was thinking out there at 3rd base.

"Please don't hit the ball to me," he replied.

"That is terrible," said the journalist. "You have to be thinking something else out there."

"Please don't hit the ball to Sax."

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'm reminded of a great (likely apocryphal) story about former Cardinal Pedro Guerrero. When he was with Dodgers and playing 3rd base (very poorly) a journalist asked him what he was thinking out there at 3rd base.

"Please don't hit the ball to me," he replied.

"That is terrible," said the journalist. "You have to be thinking something else out there."

"Please don't hit the ball to Sax."

That reminds me, I guarantee you Ozzie was out there thinking something along the lines of "attack the ball".

Just a thought.

Reactions: Bendak

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
Outshot the Jets 42-25

My takeaways from the game:
1. Arena renovations look nice.
2. The “Kid” 4th Line and TOM (Tarasenko, O’Reilly, Maroon) line looked great.
3. Allen looked solid
4. Perron didn’t take any offensive zone penalty.

Overall minus the score, the team looked good minus a few kinks. Hellebuyck had a hell of a game, and honestly I think if we had scored on one of those two early posts or didn’t give up the SH breakaway we aren’t looking a 5-1 loss tonight.

Rant of the night: The fans that sarcastically cheered Allen in the 3rd, that’s classless and I hope you don’t come back to a game. You don’t have to like Allen but come on you have a deflection off Parayko, breakaway, and a 2 on 0 essentially from the Blue line on the first three goals. This game is not solely on his head.

The fans, like most of us, want Allen replaced. For his time to the Blues to be over. Gone. Finito. El finished-o.

Oh, and about the Power play.

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting Jake Allen to be consistent.

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting modesty from Donald Trump.

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting Robby Fabbri to stay healthy

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting to lose weight on a steak and shake diet.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The fans, like most of us, want Allen replaced. For his time to the Blues to be over. Gone. Finito. El finished-o.

Oh, and about the Power play.

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting Jake Allen to be consistent.

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting modesty from Donald Trump.

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting Robby Fabbri to stay healthy

Expecting Mike Yeo to coach a working powerplay is like expecting to lose weight on a steak and shake diet.

There are other teams out there for you. No disrespect.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012

Do I think Allen is the best goalie? No.

But we shouldn't actively be cheering for him to fail so we can replace him either.

I'm on board with Ville Husso taking over the starting role, but I'm ok with the plan of giving him one last year in the AHL first. Like I said Allen isn't the best goalie ever, but you can not hang his head tonight. Look objectively at how the goals were scored.

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015

But we shouldn't actively be cheering for him to fail so we can replace him either.

I'm on board with Ville Husso taking over the starting role, but I'm ok with the plan of giving him one last year in the AHL first. Like I said Allen isn't the best goalie ever, but you can not hang his head tonight. Look objectively at how the goals were scored.

I agree completely.

But if the NHL media has been talking about how awful and inconsistent he is, and the casual fans have caught on.

We also all have seen him blow games and get out played by career backups for the past 2-3 years.

Unless he is dominant in the playoffs this year (like he was 2 years ago IMO), he likely has no redemption in the eyes of the casual fans.

They want him gone.

If this continues, for his sake, he needs to be traded and start over with a new team to salvage his career.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs

If that's the case (Ville in AHL for this year) I'm worried we're going to have to expect our weakness at net will be our down fall, ok, one of most glaring downfalls, Ok on par with not scoring with our talent and not pulling the trigger very quickly on the PP.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Talent has never been Jake's problem. Nor has any athlete that I can think of overcome this problem.
its all mental with jake, kind of obvious.

he will likely be ran out of town fairly soon though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad