GDT: Game #1 | Winnipeg Jets @ St. Louis Blues | Chapter: 1 "Opening the Book on a new season."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
Butler doesn't belong in the NHL level anymore. He was bad last season when he get called up and there is reason him not getting more icetime at NHL level.

Ehlers will skate circles around Butler.

Intersting to see how many goals are going to come Butler's mistake/turnover. I predict 2.

easy there... Ran.. I can say 1 maybe but I also think Jake will stand on his head tonight trying to prove to everyone he is back.. if he gives up 2 that means we are losing that game and I do not see that happening..

Reactions: Bendak

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

lets win one for this guy

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Why do I like our lines and D pairings better than the Jets? Am I a Homer? And this is without Fabbri and Ed tonight.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Great work Blanick! Very well done!

I‘ve got mixed emotions for this one...very, very glad to have Blues hockey back and very excited to see our young guns in the big show...

...but I don’t think we’ll end up with the W tonight, Jets are too strong

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I wish I could change my vote for first goal of the season now, because we all know Butler sucks, and we all know he should be on the opening night roster, that being said it almost guaranteed that he get the first goal tonight right? I cannot be the only one who is messed up in the head to think this...

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Great work Blanick! Very well done!

I‘ve got mixed emotions for this one...very, very glad to have Blues hockey back and very excited to see our young guns in the big show...

...but I don’t think we’ll end up with the W tonight, Jets are too strong

This Blues roster takes a back seat to nobody.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
I agree I think now more than ever we have two dangerous scoring threat lines with two different styles of play. One is speed cycling and chemistry. The other is size, net front presence, mixed with a fast playmaking center and finished with one of the best snipers in hockey. After that shut down line of perron Steen bozak that can score and a kid line.

What did Tom cruise say in the movie knight and day....
We (I) got this.

We just need shaky jaky to step up

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
A lot of discussion about Butler vs Mikkola starting for a pairing that are likely to get very few shifts either way. Since its probably only for the one game, I think this isn't worth fussing over.

One mistake can be the difference between a win and OT, or OT and a loss. Two mistakes could cost us 4 points in the standings. 8 minutes or whatever they get is more than enough time to make more than 2 mistakes. Especially for a rookie for a non-NHL caliber player. You could attribute mistakes Butler made while playing limited shifts down the stretch last year to losing several key games that cost us the playoffs . Now, that's not to say it's all his fault. But he sure didn't help. I'd be more agreeable to your point if it were someone like Sundqvist who doesn't do much good offensively, but also doesn't really hurt you. But having guys that could make really bad plays that leave the team out to dry is a definite discussion worth having.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I fully expect Petro to pull close to 28-30 minutes tonight and Parayko's line to pull 23. If we don't get into short handed trouble tonight, the scraps will go to the third line. I can't see them getting anything more than 8-10 minutes.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I agree I think now more than ever we have two dangerous scoring threat lines with two different styles of play. One is speed cycling and chemistry. The other is size, net front presence, mixed with a fast playmaking center and finished with one of the best snipers in hockey. After that shut down line of perron Steen bozak that can score and a kid line.

What did Tom cruise say in the movie knight and day....
We (I) got this.

We just need shaky jaky to step up

Who is the fast play-making center? Did Kyrou get promoted to Top 6 C? O'Reilly is below average in terms of speed. Maybe only slightly below, but in no universe is he fast.

Also OT, but who quotes Knight and Day like its an iconic film? "What did Brando say about Revenge in the Godfather?" Sure. "What's Ripley's line before she kicks the Aliens butt?" Ok. "You know what Yoda says about trying?" Most def. But Knight and Day??? After all, what did Al Gore say in An Inconvenient Truth...."It's important to rescue the frog". Damn right!!!!! (BTW I have no idea what that means as I never saw the movie and just googled a quote)

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
Who is the fast play-making center? Did Kyrou get promoted to Top 6 C? O'Reilly is below average in terms of speed. Maybe only slightly below, but in no universe is he fast.

Also OT, but who quotes Knight and Day like its an iconic film? "What did Brando say about Revenge in the Godfather?" Sure. "What's Ripley's line before she kicks the Aliens butt?" Ok. "You know what Yoda says about trying?" Most def. But Knight and Day??? After all, what did Al Gore say in An Inconvenient Truth...."It's important to rescue the frog". Damn right!!!!! (BTW I have no idea what that means as I never saw the movie and just googled a quote)

lol this just made me laugh out load in my cubical and now my coworkers know I was goofing off on the internet..... you jerk

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Eh I think their forwards are still better, specifically the top 6. Hellebuyck is better than Allen. The top-4 of the Blues is better I think but the whole corps is about even with Edmundson out.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Jets fan.

Mainly because Ehlers, Little, and Laine didn't work well last year. It only really clicked with Stastny there.

That fourth line is basically a third offensive line. With two rookies, they will get sheltered minutes.

The line with Lowry at center is a shutdown line.
Our lines oddly mirror each other as our 3rd and 4th lines are constructed the same

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis

ROR he looked pretty fast in pre-season, did not look slow. I did because... we got this. I have all the confidence in the world that blues have a really dynamic team this year better than the WCF team. I know we have a lot of new pieces but i am excited about this team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Is he really below average though? From what I've seen, he gets around fine. Sometimes it looks like he's slow but I've begun to attribute that more to not expending energy. When he needs to go, he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad