GDT: Game #1|Wed., Oct. 2, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers|7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Well, he looked worse than both of them.

Would prefer Gus over Mez. Both look slow as ******* right now, but at least Gus only fumbles the puck 50% of the time. Mez looks like he's handling a hydrogen bomb everytime the puck comes to him.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If Mez is fully healthy, I am willing to allow him to have a couple games to get back into game shape and into the flow of things. If the injuries didn't take away his speed(Worried about this) or his head(it shouldn't have) then let him get back into it. Mez being 100% and healthy is better than Gus ever will be probably. If Mez does show signs of regression though because of injury in the games that matter, then let's sit him for Gus.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
If Mez is fully healthy, I am willing to allow him to have a couple games to get back into game shape and into the flow of things. If the injuries didn't take away his speed(Worried about this) or his head(it shouldn't have) then let him get back into it. Mez being 100% and healthy is better than Gus ever will be probably. If Mez does show signs of regression though because of injury in the games that matter, then let's sit him for Gus.

That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Gus will get his shot to play soon enough. We've got an old, brittle defensive corps. :laugh:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I hated when Gus went down to block that shot and the player walked around him and the goalie to tuck it home. Our defense needs to take the player, the goalie is supposed to be stopping shots. Especially in preseason.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I really don't see how Mez is going to be on this team for the year. You have to wonder if they will give him a handful of games just to see if their is a market for him.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Considering how ridiculously bad Mez was in pre-season, it's a mistake.

God forbid Lavi roll with the young guy though. He's probably punishing Gus for a mistake Briere made in Montreal.

Gus is 24 going on 25. Mez is 27 going on 28. Let's not pretend like he is starting some ancient vet over a teenager here.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gus is 24 going on 25. Mez is 27 going on 28. Let's not pretend like he is starting some ancient vet over a teenager here.

3 years plus back and shoulder injuries. I'll take the fresh guy. Let's also not act like Lavi doesn't have a history or holding players back so he can play veterans, no matter how terrible they are.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So there is finally a game tonight, should be interesting. Im expecting big things out of Vinny.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I don't know that we should feel too confident tonight considering we haven't fared well against the Leafs in recent memory. I am content with Mason getting the nod, be nice to see a Mason-Bernier duel tonight. Flyers need to cycle well as the leafs have shown signs of trouble against a good cycle game down low, if we can maintain that for 60 mins we'll be rewarded. We need to start this season off well and I'm sure it'll snowball for the next 81 games. JUST WIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad