GDT: Game #1|Wed., Oct. 2, 2013|Maple Leafs at Flyers|7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Laffs are coming off a hard, emotional and extremely physical game against the Habs. Now they have to travel to Philly where the Flyers are fresh and will be jacked up for the home opener.

Don't really see the Laffs winning this one.

Flyers 4

Leafs 1

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I hope they win tonight, but I'm a little worried...

Also, I'm gonna do you guys a favor.... EVERY time last season I wore my Simmonds jersey at home while watching the game - they LOST... E-V-E-R-Y time... Tonight, I'll wear a different one in an attempt to not make them lose, okay?
thicon_lol.gif~original
thicon_lol.gif~original

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Laffs are coming off a hard, emotional and extremely physical game against the Habs. Now they have to travel to Philly where the Flyers are fresh and will be jacked up for the home opener.

which will really make this a must win.. if we loose to a tired/exhausted traveling team after we are fresh that really will tell the tale..

UGH...

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Watching all three last games last night, there was a lot of sloppy play. While Toronto is playing their second game in two nights, they've at least had the benefit of knocking some of the rust off.

I think the Leafs come out strong in the 1st and grab an early lead--let's say, 2-0. A Lavy timeout by the 15:00 end of the first. The Flyers get a PP goal in the 2nd, but also give up one later in the period. They grab a goal early in the 3rd to make it a game, but can't even the score. Leafs get an EN.

Leafs 4, Flyers 2

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Watching all three last games last night, there was a lot of sloppy play. While Toronto is playing their second game in two nights, they've at least had the benefit of knocking some of the rust off.

I think the Leafs come out strong in the 1st and grab an early lead--let's say, 2-0. A Lavy timeout by the 15:00 end of the first. The Flyers get a PP goal in the 2nd, but also give up one later in the period. They grab a goal early in the 3rd to make it a game, but can't even the score. Leafs get an EN.

Leafs 4, Flyers 2

:shakehead

Home opener man, think positive!!

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I can't with Coach Clueless still behind the bench. 4-1 Leafs with the listless and sloppy Flyers booed off the ice at the end of the third.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
You guys are killing me :laugh:

I have to stay out of this thread until game time. Too much negativity, of course it'll probably be worse when the game actually starts :facepalm:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
You guys are killing me :laugh:

I have to stay out of this thread until game time. Too much negativity, of course it'll probably be worse when the game actually starts :facepalm:

Meh, I'm cautiously optimistic about the season as a whole--but based on their preseason play and the general sloppiness that I saw league-wide last night, I've got measured expectations for Opening Night. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, of course.

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
Riemer, clarkson /rielly arrive at the rink . Look to be the only leafs skating this morning. Likely confirms that bernier starts. #TMLtalk

Looks like Bernier gets the start for Toronto. Not unexpected.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meh, I'm cautiously optimistic about the season as a whole--but based on their preseason play and the general sloppiness that I saw league-wide last night, I've got measured expectations for Opening Night. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, of course.

Looks like Bernier gets the start for Toronto. Not unexpected.

Makes sense since they are playing two games in two days. I think whoever doesn't start Saturday for us, will play Sunday against Carolina.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I am ****ing pumped to be going tonight. My little lady friend bought me tickets a while back and have been looking forward to this day for some time. Flyers have to come out fast. The leafs will most likely be a little tired until they get their legs back under them. I feel we jump ahead early and don't relent. Keep pounding away and make it a blowout.

5-1 flyers baby! LETS GO FLYERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->