GDT: Game 1: New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes 10-3-13 | 7PM MST

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Whoaa, easy :)

Im half Canadian, and lived most my life there aswell, so I know the ropes of NHL.

Danes may be impatient, but I don't speak for all Danes, and this is my personal opinion from my own observations.

I have not been overly impressed, that's all:)

Also, Boedker is kind'of the only player Danes seem to be trippy about, they all have very high hopes for him.

Nonetheless I understand where you are coming from:)

In Boedker's defense.....

His development was stymied some by being rushed into the league back when "he who's name shall never be mentioned as head coach again" was running things.. Even Don Maloney has admitted it as much.

So Boeds got bounced around at a time when he needed to be put in a stable situation. I'd say he handled it very well when compared to a couple other prospects at the same time didn't....... like >koff< Turris..... or >koff< Mueller. He had a great season two years ago, so if he can get matched up with the right line mates this year I think he'll be fine.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
And so the clock-watching begins. T-minus 9 hours...
I'm in section 208, row L or something like that. Not sure, bought the tickets a few days ago :rolleyes:

Ofc, this is a strictly personal opinion.. But no, I think his game is suited better to top six minutes and not bottom line minutes.

I could very well be wrong :)
Off the top of my head with very little thinking through it, I could see Boedker playing a similar role as Korpikoski has done in our bottom six (that of course is if Boeds fails to be the reliable goal scorer we're hoping he'll become). Both guys seem to have speed, a high work rate, and a good shot when they actually take the damn shot; if Boeds can do the PK minutes like Korpi does, then yeah I might dare say he'd have a life in this league in bottom six.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your location on your profile is accurate, you're gonna have a bad time tuning in. Unless you have a VPN :)

Is there a way to do this through your XBOX? I know there are games that won't be shown here at home, and I'm pretty sure the blackout rule doesn't allow you to watch games that aren't from your team's network.

DirtDogMesa

STH Sec 208 Row A
Oct 10, 2011
Mesa
I'll be Howling from Section 208 Row A with my wife and hopefully chanting it's all your fault many times. Go Coyotes

Feb 12, 2003
I'm really excited to see and be at the game tonight. This season feels quite a bit different than ever before for me as a fan.

I really would love to see a "HERE TO STAY!" chant. It just seems like a natural for the home opener but I doubt they'll have an on-screen graphic or something to start it.

Oh shoot, I just remembered I need to get some money for parking.

I imagine there will be enough Rangers fans in the house that the Coyotes really need to come out strong to pull the fans into the game.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Thanks for the excellent GDT.

Really going to follow the yotes this season...

Personally I give Boedker this last season to proove himself before I would say NHL might not be for him.

Good luck yotes, im rooting for ya...

you'll have to forgive those of us quick to defend.....

the important part of your post was the first sentence...I think after you've followed this team you'll see why your second sentence was attacked.

welcome and enjoy the season.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Thanks for the excellent GDT.

you'll have to forgive those of us quick to defend.....

the important part of your post was the first sentence...I think after you've followed this team you'll see why your second sentence was attacked.

welcome and enjoy the season.
Agree with you. Anyone that has followed the Yotes & Boeds closely can see the potential that exists....remember the Chicago series 2 years ago. He's never had the opportunity to play with a C like Ribero and also has his contract situation worked out that will keep him in the Valley for a minimum of 2 years unless traded. I expect a breakout year him from him with 25+ goals.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Section 110 row R

Beyond the excitement tonight stands a very important hockey game. With the next 5 on the road including 4 in the EC, getting 2 points tonight is critical!!

Go Yotes!

pacerhimself

Mar 17, 2012
Is there a way to do this through your XBOX? I know there are games that won't be shown here at home, and I'm pretty sure the blackout rule doesn't allow you to watch games that aren't from your team's network.

I guess you could watch the other teams feed in that case and that might work, but I can't remember having that situation in the past 2 years of having it.

I think to set up with the XBOX you have to change a configuration on your router or the XBOX network settings itself, but I've never used VPN for it yet, so I'd be guessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad