GDT: Game 1: New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes 10-3-13 | 7PM MST

Tom Polakis

Eternal Optimist
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Not sure if it's an option for some people but coming from the east valley to games, I take the I-10 truck route and bypass downtown with the 202/51 junction and tunnel. The speed limit is slower on that route but with traffic it doesn't make a big difference.

I left work yesterday (48th and Baseline in south Phoenix) at 4:10 and made it to Camelback and 91st (where I stopped to eat) around 5:15 or so.

I take I-17 in heavy rush hour traffic twice a week to play roller up at Castle, and appreciate the board at 7th Ave. that is typically accurate in its estimate of time to Peoria Rd. and 83rd Ave. You definitely don't want to take 10 across the center of the city if you're coming from the east side.

After connecting back onto I-10 westbound, take one of 67th, 75th, or 83rd Ave up to Glendale. It's a bit of surface street driving, but nobody is employed in Maryvale anyway for there to be much of a rush hour. :naughty:

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Game

This is kind of late. But here goes....

1. The Penalty kill looked so much better up high pressuring the defenseman instead of sitting back try to block shots. Thought the strategy was much better.

Though Vermette played well and won some nice faceoffs.

Really liked the rookies when they played - Lessio has nice speed. Brown played strong. Chip and Klink looked really good.

Rundlad - very good offensively - scares me in the D zone.

For all those badmouthing Morris - Thought he was very good all night.

The PP was really improved - hopefully it can last.
Smith was very good.

mesamonster

Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ.
(Still trying to accentuate the negative, I see, as is your wont. :cry:)

It was for sure a late arriving crowd - *definitely* more crowded at the end of the 2nd than at the opening faceoff... and a couple of times I heard "mumble mumble traffic on the 10 mumble mumble". Got the impression something unusual even for the Papago Fwy happened but haven't heard or read anything official.

Just making an observation! I could not understand why so many lower deck seats went unused on opening night? In past years those seats were always full on opening night.

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
Just making an observation! I could not understand why so many lower deck seats went unused on opening night? In past years those seats were always full on opening night.

I talked to a sales rep at the bar after the game. Ticket brokers bought up those lower level seats...They were all sold. They didn't resell. Which is good for the yotes. But if people go down there wanting a ticket - they can't buy it from the walkup window.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes are still looking to move Rusty Klesla. A pick and/or prospect is fine, and we can take $2M back in salary if you need to shed some to afford him. That would make the cost to you of $975K. He's a UFA after this season. He's still top-4 defensive defenseman and is being moved only because we have a logjam at D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->