Penner/Stoll/Lewis
King/Fraser/Nolan

I guess Clifford is out of luck.

Lets see what Sutter thinks.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Clifford is the team point and tied as the plus/minus leader right now :P He looked great yesterday. Tough call.

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Gagne/Richards/Carter
Penner/Stoll/Lewis
King/Fraser/Nolan

I guess Clifford is out of luck.

Lets see what Sutter thinks.

If Clifford keeps playing like he did yesterday and King does as well, King is the one going to Manch.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Nolan is the only player on the roster that is waiver exempt.

Not even Muzzin is safe from waivers. Although I will say, it's tougher to claim someone now.

Rosters are set.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Not sure how Gagne gets singled out. Outside of a bit of Penner's play and the 4th line, I didn't see much in the way of impressive from ANYBODY.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.

Gotta love that SMILE on BOB :D

also ... dang sweet Pic ! Gann :yo:

LAKingsStaplesCenterBanners_zpsb86e8974.png

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Bannernight013.jpg

Bannernight011.jpg

Bannernight009.jpg

Bannernight007.jpg

Bannernight006.jpg

Not bad for a little Nikon coolpix, huh?

I thought I had a really good one of the whole team with the banner, but it came out too blurry. :(

Ron*

King has to pass waivers, would get claimed. He wouldn't be sent down, he would just be press box guy.

Really?

Did you happen to miss his playoff performance, in particular the last two rounds?

Let's see...the top four lines should look like this.

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Penner/Richards/Carter
King/Stoll/Lewis
Clifford (Gagne)/Fraser/Nolan

Look familiar? Clifford and Gagne can fight it out for the fourth line. The lines as constituted above got us a 16-4 playoff run. Richardson is the odd man out, although he was there on the fourth line for most of the run.

I just don't see any reason to change up the lines with everyone healthy.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Really?

Did you happen to miss his playoff performance, in particular the last two rounds?

Let's see...the top four lines should look like this.

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Penner/Richards/Carter
King/Stoll/Lewis

Look familiar? Clifford and Gagne can fight it out for the fourth line. The lines as constituted above got us a 16-4 playoff run. Richardson is the odd man out, although he was there on the fourth line for most of the run.

I just don't see any reason to change up the lines with everyone healthy.

People want Gagne in the top six, that's what this whole 4-5 page argument is about. Putting Gagne in the top six pushes someone out of it. Most likely Penner, who you are not going to play on the fourth line.

I happen to agree with you. No reason to have Gagne in the top six(so he can find his game).

When Kopitar comes back I suggested going back to the playoff lineup, and peeps said Gagne should stay in the top six. I disagree.

The Lineup I posted was an example of how Gagne staying in the top six screws up the playoff lineup's

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

King goes no where, Richardson go part ways either tie him in a trade with Bernier or whatever, but king from what we saw last year is a really good asset. Get rid of Richardson

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
King goes no where, Richardson go part ways either tie him in a trade with Bernier or whatever, but king from what we saw last year is a really good asset. Get rid of Richardson

Richardson will probably be waived, I don't see a trade market for him. Unless it's a 6 or 7th round pick.

Bernier will not be traded this season, Quick has some question marks health wise.

Also I don't think anyone is willing to give up what Dean wants for Johnny B.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
People want Gagne in the top six, that's what this whole 4-5 page argument is about. Putting Gagne in the top six pushes someone out of it. Most likely Penner, who you are not going to play on the fourth line.

I happen to agree with you. No reason to have Gagne in the top six(so he can find his game).

When Kopitar comes back I suggested going back to the playoff lineup, and peeps said Gagne should stay in the top six. I disagree.

The Lineup I posted was an example of how Gagne staying in the top six screws up the playoff lineup's

I too think the Kings should go back to the lineup they had at the end of the playoffs last season. Besides having Gagne on the 4th line makes them an offensive threat. He has plenty of chops on the defensive side of the puck.

Penner is going to be on a short leash though. He has to keep his game at the level it was during the playoff run.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i look at it as King and Nolan locked in their spots, but still must continue to show improvement and produce.

suddenly juggling them around, or changing them to me at least doesn't make sense. suddenly dropping Gagne in the lineup because he's healthy at the expense of these guys just doesn't sit well. with me and it also causes issue in a locker room. especially when Gagne was out for so long, the dynamic of the team completely changed. these guys came in, did what they were asked to do and the team won.

they also displaced Richie out of the lineup. shouldn't that also mean he gets back in at the expense of Kong or Nolan?

if its my call Gagne is on the #4 and has to earn his time back into the lineup, just like any other player. you can't essentially throw him a 'veterans waiver' and screw over guys that earned their ice time.

King, Nolan, Clifford are the long-term future and imo you work to improve their skills. this only comes from ice time and being put in the lineup where they need to be. dropping them down, or scratching them to make room for a guys isn't the way to go. Gagne is gone after this season anyways. you get what you can from him, but you invest in the future.

i agree with Ron completely and the lines should look like this almost every night

Brown/Kopitar/Williams
Penner/Richards/Carter
King/Stoll/Lewis

-Richie is the scratch
-maybe bounce Gagne to the #2 for Penner if he starts to play poorly. even better you give Kong the chance to play the #2 to see if he can produce. guys play hard, guys produce they deserve the chance to be bumped up.
-Clifford needs ice time and can't be continued to be scratched constantly

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
I just want him gone ASAP his resume is impressive but he's nothing like he used to be and it's time to take out the trash and give a kid like Toffoli who actually had a RECENT history of successful performance play. Gagne out Toffoli in. I see a lot of great potential for the kings with that.

Hey it took a total of one game. No preseason, no preseason games, very little contact, a ring ceremony, and we want people cut after one loss. I guess you didn't learn anything from last year. Get into the playoffs and hope your goalie is hot and ride him to a championship. With this short season anything can happen even the Kings not making the playoffs but this is a very good team.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
According to Fourth period on radio, DL said Greene is doubtful for Tuesday and kopi is ready to go. Down another dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->