Who will take round 3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
gotta get one of the first two in Vegas... then hope CP can go nuclear as the series wears on to make up for our D that is going to get absolutely abused and ground down as the series wears on. Gotta bet that DeBoer is going to start the series going heavy and with marching orders for Reaves, Roy, Tuch, Kobesar to take a pound of flesh from our d every shift...

offensively, gonna need the JKO and Staal lines to be able to contribute because if the the Knights figured out how to neutralize Mackinnon's line outside of the PP, Suzuki & co. are in for a tough series... and Fleury is in a groove putting him right up there with Price's best...

this is very much a david/goliath battle... if the habs pull this one of, will be one of the more impressive series upsets i've seen in my lifetime!

Honestly, I have no idea what to expect. Knights have been good for a while now and they added Pietrangelo. They will give us a test with their overall team D, goaltending, and good depth up front. However, I feel our regular season results don't indicate how good this Habs teams is.

The focus with the Habs is to limit turnovers and mistakes in key areas of the ice. If we can do that, we will be in the thick of this series and we definitely have a shot. I can't stress this enough... turnovers due to dilly dallying with the puck in our own end killed us for a few seasons now. I really do feel that not many understand the reasons why we struggled and the reasons why we are where we are today

I watched the Avs/Knights closely over the last few games. Avs are dangerous offensively but they got smoked with turnovers and players not committed to be in position. They allowed some weak goals too. Habs know what they need to do and it's the same as we did in the last 7 games. Play smart and within the system.

Trust the system with Price in net!

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
gotta get one of the first two in Vegas... then hope CP can go nuclear as the series wears on to make up for our D that is going to get absolutely abused and ground down as the series wears on. Gotta bet that DeBoer is going to start the series going heavy and with marching orders for Reaves, Roy, Tuch, Kobesar to take a pound of flesh from our d every shift...

offensively, gonna need the JKO and Staal lines to be able to contribute because if the the Knights figured out how to neutralize Mackinnon's line outside of the PP, Suzuki & co. are in for a tough series... and Fleury is in a groove putting him right up there with Price's best...

this is very much a david/goliath battle... if the habs pull this one of, will be one of the more impressive series upsets i've seen in my lifetime!
Agree. I'm noy a fan of DeBarf myself, since his junior days. But, TBH, he's perfect for this type of team. He would have been a great coach for the Broad Street Bullies of old.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I don’t look at Vegas’ roster and think “Wow, they’re stacked”. Their center line is ok and they have Stone and Pacioretty to score. I don’t see the mismatch.

They have Theodore and Pietrangelo in the backend that represent PMD we don’t have.

Then its Fleury.

Am I supposed to believe that this team is unbeatable?

The bigger concern for me is that Vegas is playoff tested and have gone on a few deep runs. eg: William Karlsson's played 65 playoff games since 2017/18.

They're certainly not unbeatable, but I do this will be a tough series as our systems are pretty similar. They spread their scoring out and we haven't faced a team that does that at any point this year.

D corps wise, I think we stack up reasonably well: Pietrangelo = Petry (+/-). Theodore is better than anyone we've got. Martinez is a savvy vet but not a gamebreaker, more of a reasonable 3D. Past that, McNabb, Whitecloud, Holden, Hague - a lot of brawn, not much substance. Hague could turn into a hell of a player but it's still early in his career. And I don't really think he's slotting into their lineup anyway.

Up front, I think we match up really well with them. I give them a slight edge in the top 6, but they're weak at C and my feeling is that our bottom 6 is stronger.

In net, do we get Jesus Price again? That's the x factor for me.

Going to be a great series.

Reactions: dinodebino

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
The bigger concern for me is that Vegas is playoff tested and have gone on a few deep runs. eg: William Karlsson's played 65 playoff games since 2017/18.

They're certainly not unbeatable, but I do this will be a tough series as our systems are pretty similar. They spread their scoring out and we haven't faced a team that does that at any point this year.

D corps wise, I think we stack up reasonably well: Pietrangelo = Petry (+/-). Theodore is better than anyone we've got. Martinez is a savvy vet but not a gamebreaker, more of a reasonable 3D. Past that, McNabb, Whitecloud, Holden, Hague - a lot of brawn, not much substance. Hague could turn into a hell of a player but it's still early in his career. And I don't really think he's slotting into their lineup anyway.

Up front, I think we match up really well with them. I give them a slight edge in the top 6, but they're weak at C and my feeling is that our bottom 6 is stronger.

In net, do we get Jesus Price again? That's the x factor for me.

Going to be a great series.

The other X-Factor is the fact that Fleury can have brainfarts and allow horribly silly goals.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

It’s not david v goliath and since when have we relied on the Suzuki line? The team has been rolling 4 lines who’ve all contributed in wins.

These takes are just not looking at the teams objectively.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Not shocking, Gainey was a favorite of Senator Molson and is close to Jr’s old man (Eric) - always found it hard the family would just cut total ties..

Besides that’s how Gainey got the GM gig w Habs, after leaving Stars, he took time off to look after his daughter who had substance issues, called up the Molson family and said “I’m ready to get back to management”, Andre Savard was promptly notified he was no longer GM...
Molsons had ties to Gillette and Boivin?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I don’t look at Vegas’ roster and think “Wow, they’re stacked”. Their center line is ok and they have Stone and Pacioretty to score. I don’t see the mismatch.

They have Theodore and Pietrangelo in the backend that represent PMD we don’t have.

Then its Fleury.

Am I supposed to believe that this team is unbeatable?

Yeah you and 90% of fans have thought that since Vegas entered the league and every year they fo great things. Finals loss first year, semis last year and semis this year

Obviously something works.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Called Habs in 7 against TO
Called Habs in 6 against Jets.
Calling Habs in 6 against Vegas.
Suzuki comes back to haunt them.
Caufield is huge in this series.
MAF is replaced at some point in the series.
CP goes into God mode once again.
Perry is Perry.
Caufield will get a couple 5-hole goals on Fleury.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah you and 90% of fans have thought that since Vegas entered the league and every year they fo great things. Finals loss first year, semis last year and semis this year

Obviously something works.

I’m not saying they’re a bad team.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I would suspect Danault will get matched against the Stone/Patches unit.. and the Suzuki line will get the Karlsson line.

I could see it maybe going the other way around. Hard to say for sure.

I'm pretty confident in our third and fourth line over theirs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->