GDT: Game 1 | Detroit Red Wings @ St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM EST | FSD (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
How do you know that was the case? How do you know he didn't make plays for other pieces at various points throughout the last couple of years?

People around here acting like they know exactly what happens in the Wings' front offices is absolutely ridiculous. Likewise, people acting like other teams want to help the Wings succeed by simply giving them roster players for scraps is also ridiculous (not saying you're doing that, ES).

Yeah, because we wouldn't have heard of anything. That is REALLY LIKELY. :shakehead You have to stop looking for reasons to excuse Holland's incompetence.

Holland screwed up. He thought this team was still a contender so he signed garbage veterans because he felt that relying on rookies in the later rounds of the playoffs would be a mistake.

Unfortunately this team wont be sniffing the Western Conference Finals or second round of the playoffs for a very, very long time thanks to Krazy Kenny and his awful team building approach.

The guy did nothing and he got burned big time.

Ryan Suter was plan A-Z.

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
Yeah, because we wouldn't have heard of anything. That is REALLY LIKELY. :shakehead

Why not? The Hossa signing caught EVERYbody by surprise. Sometimes things that happen behind closed doors stay behind closed doors. You're projecting scenarios you have no authority to say are or are not true.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
From what I remember, Minny laid down substantially more cash, going north of $100m over the length of the deal. Suter asked them to lower it, while upping Parise's - probably to take some of the focus off himself as being the big signing.

I think there is always going to be a team desperate enough to put a stupid high offer on the table. I don't think any responsible team can go operate with a continued philosophy of just one-upping the most dumbest offer. At the same time, I think the Wings could strike a better balance between spending on some top6 level talents and filling in with kids. Our farm system is actually producing, and could probably fill in those gaps in the lower six that we're blowing $1-3m per Bert/Eaves/Cleary to fill now.

I think it was more the other way around.. Parise asked less money so they would get identical contracts with Suter. Nanne talked about his even before FA begun. 'No one is going to outbid Wild for Parise'.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Ok, we've gone off the GDT rails here and there's a new game on tonight.

You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

/thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad