GDT: Game 1: Coyotes @ Tippett's Old Team| 01-19-13 | 6PM

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
The last person you want to start a fight with right now is Derek Morris. He is full badass mode tonight.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
All it took was one moronic play by Sullivan to lose the game. Wonderful.

Atrkl

Dec 31, 2007
Phoenix
Some terrible terrible sloppy plays lost us this game, can't afford losses like this with only 48 games :(, turn it around tomorrow and start winning!

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Final score: Phoenix Coyotes, 3. Dallas Jagrs, 4. Overall the Coyotes played decent Shane looks a little rusty since he hasn't played since May and D-Mo and Rundblad looked great.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
A breakdown of who is to blame for this loss:

70% Coyotes
30% Refs(Did the Kings pay the refs off in this one?)

Vip

Coyotes/Cardinals/Jazz/RSL
Jul 25, 2010
Extremely dissapointing. Signing off for now. Gonna watch the other games. It was fun everybody. See you all tomorrow night!

Blubba Jenkins

Not that Insightful
May 30, 2008
NE Florida
Didn't like the result, but that was a pretty fun game to watch. I liked our offensive game, we were sloppy defensively though. I don't expect that to be a problem all season, I'm willing to write this game off because it was played under unusual circumstances.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Dallas should have never won this game. As the season goes on, that D will be exposed hard and Jagr will look like he should have thrown in the towel.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
We made some terrible errors which results in two of Dallas' goals. The miscommunication and errors seen tonight will hopefully be phased out rather quickly. Otherwise, I thought we played a pretty good game. Rundblad surprised me more than anybody else, and it's good to see Vrbata off to a flying start.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Didn't like the result, but that was a pretty fun game to watch. I liked our offensive game, we were sloppy defensively though. I don't expect that to be a problem all season, I'm willing to write this game off because it was played under unusual circumstances.

Agreed. Take the positives from this game and get ready for tomorrow vs. Chicago. The components of our game were there tonight, just sloppy.

I thought have Vrbata and Morris specifically had great games.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Some terrible terrible sloppy plays lost us this game, can't afford losses like this with only 48 games :(, turn it around tomorrow and start winning!

Exactly why all the predictions of where teams may fnish should go out the window - we out-played the Stars for most of the game, but had more TOs while getting the kinks out, and one additional TO is the difference in the game.

Hey Yandle - shoot the frickin' puck after you make a spin-o-rama to pull the defender down to the ice. Even if it goes wide to the right hand-side, their D is out of position enough that it should get us possession back, if we send it along the wall. All it did was pull the Dallas defense to where the two forwards remaining could clog the lane, and all other players on offense are expecting you to shoot. Yandle brought himself right over to where two Coyotes players were while holding the puck - that's how 2 cover 3, and we don't get a great shot off. These are the types of things that, given the situation, a player should be better with.

Winnable game that we gave away with TOs and some less than stellar moments. Lack of practice time during the season obviously makes that tough, but it will be tough for all teams. Still had a lot more to like about this game than not like, including the play of the defense (thought Rundblad/Morris, probably the 2 biggest question marks, played great).

You can tell the lines where we were trying to cycle the puck, but maybe had to hold on b/c newer players like Moss and Sullivan were a little out of position. Both had pretty good games, though.

Still more than confident in how the team looks this year...

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Dallas should have never won this game. As the season goes on, that D will be exposed hard and Jagr will look like he should have thrown in the towel.

Jagr seemed to shy away after getting rattled by Morris a few times. I definitely enjoyed seeing that.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Doan looked like he hadn't practiced with the team, which is mostly true.

Lombardi was throwing a lot of passes to no one, which may be because he never met his linemates before today.

Korpikoski and Moss are ready to go.

Vrbata bing, Vrbata boom.

Vermette and Boedker look like they want to make great individual efforts, but aren't aware they have team mates.

Hanzal. Big. Slow. Only face-off won was a tie-up. Big. One face-off win. But he's big.

Sullivan had that one move.

Bolduc, Gordon, and Chipchura didn't appear to get scored on and were otherwise not note-worthy.

OEL and Z. Seriously, they never played together before? Solid.
Derek Morris. Beast Mode On.
Yandle, did he make the flight?
Rundblad, welcome to the NHL.
Klesla, watch Morris' tape from tonite and take notes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->