GDT: Game 1: Caps vs. Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Who does Willy take on early? I feel like Cbus will attempt to start something right off.
I doubt it. Fighting in the playoffs is rarer and rarer. In 2018 you can't afford to roll with any pure goons on your roster, every guy on your team needs to contribute, you can't toss a guy off for 5 minutes. So the only reason to fight is if you're getting blown out or if you have your pound of flesh you feel is owed for a hit.

Wilson is a our top line winger, it'd be moronic for him to dance with anyone. I can see him intentionally goading a younger guy into taking a penalty, but if he's coached right, I can't see him fighting at all.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Are we ever gonna make a real GDT like the teams that go past the 2nd round in the playoffs? Asking for a friend on the team who gets super down when he checks hfboards in between periods and sees the away team GDT on the main boards because the home team fans are too lazy but pretend like its ironic

Sure. We'll be happy to use a real GDT as soon as you want to make one.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

Wonder if Grubauer or Holts are nursing injuries...? If Holtby is hurt it'd explain Trotz weird choice of words when announcing Grubauer.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't know why I keep looking forward to the playoffs. I'm sick to my stomach since I got up, and it will be that way until its over.

This is the absolutely the least invested I have been in the playoffs since I started cheering for the Caps around 1999. I expect nothing, which is probably what we will get.

Plus, Crosby locked up the Conn Smythe last night so that took some of the suspense of that away. ;)

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011

Wonder if Grubauer or Holts are nursing injuries...? If Holtby is hurt it'd explain Trotz weird choice of words when announcing Grubauer.

If they were able to recall him with the Cap space they have they probably thought might as well. We have one extra d-man, several extra forwards, if there is space for an extra G, why not?

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
This thing is probably why we haven't won. The universe is punishing us.
After seeing the Capital Feeling clip, I now have my own theory. You heard of the curse of the Bambino impacting the Red Sox after they traded Ruth to the Yankees, so I'm rolling with the curse of Scott Stevens when the Caps let a future HOFer/3XCup winner walk.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Oh man, I am really pumped for the playoffs to start! Then I come in here and holy hell its a sob fest! I am mostly a passive reader here but I think Ill pass on the game day threads. You guys bring me down.

Go Caps.

That's why I left the super secret Caps board after 2016 game six loss. I felt like suicide was my only option. ;)

For all the doom and gloom there are a lot of great, positive posters here.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I doubt it. Fighting in the playoffs is rarer and rarer. In 2018 you can't afford to roll with any pure goons on your roster, every guy on your team needs to contribute, you can't toss a guy off for 5 minutes. So the only reason to fight is if you're getting blown out or if you have your pound of flesh you feel is owed for a hit.

Wilson is a our top line winger, it'd be moronic for him to dance with anyone. I can see him intentionally goading a younger guy into taking a penalty, but if he's coached right, I can't see him fighting at all.

You’re crazy if you don’t think Wilson is going to kick someone’s ass. ;)

Won’t be surprised one bit if Cbus tries to set the tone and Wilson silences them early.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Ctvg0J2.gif

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
I'm going to the game and boy am I nervous...
Why? The Capitals over achieved this season. Losing Williams, MAJO, Alzner, Shattenkirk and Schultz in the off season (though couldn't imagine where this team would be right now if McPhee did take Grubauer instead of Schultz) and rolling with four rookies (Vrana, Stephenson, Djoos and Bowey many a night) no one saw the Caps finishing the season where they did. That Torts and the Jackets obviously tanked the last game of the season so to avoid the Penguins and go against the Caps I think puts more pressure on them. As far as I'm concerned, the Capitals are playing with house money right now, the expectations for this team is not as high as last year's team or previous seasons, which I believe benefits this Caps team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad